News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Intermittens Presents: XX and other works

Started by Placid Dingo, July 28, 2011, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Some time ago somebody mentioned that they saw IM as more of a Kopyleft 'umbrella' company, in the sense that it could cover the field for a number of Discordian type publications.

Looking around this forum there is SO MUCH great talent. I want to take 25 works; rants, fiction, essays, etc, and compile them into a collection. The licensing ideally should allow the work to be shared, copied, redistributed AS A WHOLE while each author still maintains the rights over the use of their individual works. If possible, I also want to get a bio on each contributor, written by each other contributor.

I want to edit this collection, so I'll basically be contacting people to ask if I can use certain works that fit the vibe I like, but if you're aware of anything particularly good that you think should be included, let me know.

(The title will include the most interesting of the piece names instead of XX, so 'The Hobbit and other Stories' etc)

CONFIRMED

ME: Post Ego Gangster Blues (I obviously don't need to wait for permission)
CRAM: Gorillas in the Midst.
EoC: Statues and Cliffsides
Thatgreengentleman: two untitled works.
Cuddleshift: Unconfirmed piece; possibly The parable of Dog.

GuyBrush: Tales of the Foolish Master
Cain: Rules for Life
Discouke: The failwhale apocalypse
Sepia has indicated permission will probably be given for a work
Hoopla; The pathetic life of Oxo Marx

Nigel: Charon to Pluto, and two other short poems.
Epimetheus: untitled a.
LMNO: Work in this thread; not sure of title.
Sing Me a Lullaby: A nice night for a stroll.
Dr Howl: The Bastards Let Me Go Today (Harry gets Mad)

TGRR: Advice to a returning Vet.
Richter has a possible piece pending discussions with people who got first dibs.
Parents of the Year: The Dreadful Hours.

Also, considering doubling up on some people, as I don't know if I'll hit the fabled 25 you guys are just fucking awesome.

(5)
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cramulus

that's a great idea, and kudos to you for grabbing the torch and running with it

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Telarus

Awesome. As I'd like the Dialogo della Discordia project to share the Intermittens brand, I really appreciate you picking the brand up to get it out there before we get that 'translation' done.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Placid Dingo

People are starting to get these;

Hey xxx

Just wanting to see if you'd be willing to let me use your piece 'xxx' for THIS project.

Also if so, if you'd be willing to write short bio for a co-contributor.

Dingo

Shai Hulud

Hey Dingo, glad to see you are keeping intermittens alive.  Anything I can do?

If you're not looking for comics, I have some stories called "Koans of the Foolish Master" you might be able to use. 

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Guybrush on August 03, 2011, 02:35:05 AM
Hey Dingo, glad to see you are keeping intermittens alive.  Anything I can do?

If you're not looking for comics, I have some stories called "Koans of the Foolish Master" you might be able to use. 

Yes!

Link me to your kickarse work and tell me I can use it

Or

Link me to somebody else's kickarse work and I'll contact them personally.

Shai Hulud

As always, any of my comics are free to use:
http://www.bonejangles.com
http://www.scribd.com/doc/37361058/Poor-Edgar
http://www.scribd.com/doc/59564100/Angulimala

And I will PM those stories to you.

LMNO

I know I haven't done much recently, but I do have a backlog of material that might be of use.  Are you looking for any sort of theme in particular?

Cuddlefish

Hey, Dingo.

Not sure if you were going to send me a pm, or if I'm supposed to post this here, but you have my permission to use whichever peice you feel suits the project best.

Just two things: If you could, credit me as Cuddlefish (as opposed to cuddleshift. I'll be Cuddlefish forever, however, I may onlly be Cuddleshift for another week, who knows  :fnord:). And, if you use Parable of Dog, it's just "Dog" (not the dog) and it's capitilized. It's a propper noun. He's the main character  :D

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 03, 2011, 03:22:17 PM
I know I haven't done much recently, but I do have a backlog of material that might be of use.  Are you looking for any sort of theme in particular?

Not explicitly a theme but mostly I'm after

-Fairly linear narratives (A beginning, middle and end, even if not in that order)

-Clear poetry and prose, rather than stream of conciousness.

-Again, fairly clear and crisp non fiction or personal accounts.

-Discordianesque themes are cool, but I'm avoiding anything explicitly discordian.

Link me up, because I'd love something from you.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Cuddleshift on August 03, 2011, 05:30:27 PM
Hey, Dingo.

Not sure if you were going to send me a pm, or if I'm supposed to post this here, but you have my permission to use whichever peice you feel suits the project best.

Just two things: If you could, credit me as Cuddlefish (as opposed to cuddleshift. I'll be Cuddlefish forever, however, I may onlly be Cuddleshift for another week, who knows  :fnord:). And, if you use Parable of Dog, it's just "Dog" (not the dog) and it's capitilized. It's a propper noun. He's the main character  :D

Cool bananas. SOrry, meant to email you with loose plans.

Cuddlefish

Looking at what you have so far for contributions, this is looking like it's going to turn out pretty good. Let me know if there's anythiing else I can do to help.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Cuddlefission on August 04, 2011, 05:40:55 PM
Looking at what you have so far for contributions, this is looking like it's going to turn out pretty good. Let me know if there's anythiing else I can do to help.

Absolutely yes there's anything else; it can be hard for me to find what I waNt so if you can hunt anything down that's high quality, suits the tone if the works use described above and link me to it I'd be in your debt. Or just mail me any suggestions.