News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Intermittens Presents: XX and other works

Started by Placid Dingo, July 28, 2011, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Fantastic job, dude. Sorry I temporarily lost my shit and dropped my involvement, I regret not having done Trips bio  :sad:

Regardless, mittens all around.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Dimocritus on November 10, 2011, 06:00:27 AM
Fantastic job, dude. Sorry I temporarily lost my shit and dropped my involvement, I regret not having done Trips bio  :sad:

Um that's okay cause I don't think anything of mine is actually in there :?

The correct incorrect wrong numbers are in your intermittels.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 10, 2011, 01:44:09 PM

:oops:
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Dimocritus on November 11, 2011, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 10, 2011, 01:44:09 PM

:oops:

Well it's my fault, I asked for one ITT:

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 01, 2011, 05:13:55 PM
I wanna DIMOBIO! CAN I HAZ?

But you were offering them and I was like YEAH I WANT ONE

Sorry for being confusing :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Placid Dingo

I want a physical copy. Does anyone mind if I put this on Lulu? I don't want to make any profit (but obviously Lulu would).

I can check with people independently also, I just figured if I post here it'll be quicker than harassing everyone via PM from the get go.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 11, 2011, 08:32:47 AM
Lmno and Rog are challenges as they're talented writers without a lot that meets the tone I've described ( that I've seen)。Roger especially makes heavy use of metaphor and motif that starts to lose context outside of this forum.

...He said, before using a bunch of my shit here, and then jumping right on board with Uncle BadTouch actually stealing my shit.

Why does Roger hate the Dingo?

Fuck, I don't know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 05, 2013, 06:27:31 PM
Lmno and Rog are challenges as they're talented writers without a lot that meets the tone I've described ( that I've seen)。Roger especially makes heavy use of metaphor and motif that starts to lose context outside of this forum.

...He said, before using a bunch of my shit here, and then jumping right on board with Uncle BadTouch actually stealing my shit.

Fuck, I don't know.

It was also a bullshit statement because you and LMNO are two of the writers whose work seems to stand up best outside of the forum, and have brought many many new people here looking for where it came from.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 05, 2013, 06:30:42 PM

Fuck, I don't know.

It was also a bullshit statement because you and LMNO are two of the writers whose work seems to stand up best outside of the forum, and have brought many many new people here looking for where it came from.

My guess is that he was already a member of the "Uncle BadTouch Family" at this point, and felt the need to say something shitty about Uncle BadTouch's detractors.

Nowdays, when I see him here, I automatically assume he's digging for content for Uncle BadTouch's next book.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 05, 2013, 06:32:07 PM

Fuck, I don't know.

My guess is that he was already a member of the "Uncle BadTouch Family" at this point, and felt the need to say something shitty about Uncle BadTouch's detractors.

Nowdays, when I see him here, I automatically assume he's digging for content for Uncle BadTouch's next book.

Well, you know, we keep trying to "control his projects" by not participating in them. So.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 05, 2013, 06:34:43 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 05, 2013, 06:32:07 PM

Fuck, I don't know.

Well, you know, we keep trying to "control his projects" by not participating in them. So.

Yeah, that was a hoot.   :lulz:

Telarus

Fuck, I don't know.

What content was this?

I met Dingo when he came to Portland. He barely mentioned Uncle BadTouch, & got along well with me and Johnny Brainwash. Did he publish your content without your permission?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on November 05, 2013, 08:55:45 PM

Fuck, I don't know.

What content was this?

I met Dingo when he came to Portland. He barely mentioned Uncle BadTouch, & got along well with me and Johnny Brainwash. Did he publish your content without your permission?

Nope, Dingo did not.

Uncle BadTouch did. 

What Dingo did was maintain for quite some time that the work of LMNO and myself had no value outside of PD.com.  Then, at roughly the same time as he became involved with Uncle BadTouch, he suddenly decided that it did.  He DID ask for and receive my permission to use some of my work in a publication he created.  Then, at damn near the exact same moment, Uncle BadTouch ripped off a bloody great chunk of PD.com (among others)...At the same time that Placid Dingo was losing his shit at Nigel and I for not participating in his tour project, because it involved Uncle BadTouch.

Uncle BadTouch is "indispensible to any complete discussion about modern discordianism", you see, and neither Nigel nor I wanted to be involved - even peripherally - with his pedo ass.  So we declined, at which point Dingo claimed that our decision to not participate was "trying to control his project".  Funniest part is, Uncle BadTouch is indispensible WHY?  He doesn't produce anything, he steals other peoples' work.

So, all taken together, my impression is that Dingo is a Uncle BadTouch cultist, and given the timing of things, I just automatically assume that he's trawling for content for Uncle BadTouch's next book.

If you were here during the ruckus, you would understand why I might think that.  You still might not agree, but you would at least see my reasoning.  Since you weren't around at the time, you can either decide that A) Roger is an assbat and is foaming at the mouth paranoid, or you might decide that B) you don't have enough background on the whole horrible ordeal to pick a side.

You will notice that I did not offer an option that involved chasing Dingo through the streets with shitty sticks.  This is because I don't see the need to organize a crusade.  This is strictly personal, and I have extremely strong personal views on this subject.

If it offends you, that's a problem for you, not me. 

ETA:  And for the record, this was never about "FUCK YOU FOR CHOOSING Uncle BadTouch OVER US", because Dingo was never offered that choice, really.  The statement that was made was "a few of us won't be involved with Uncle BadTouch under any circumstances, however tenuously".  The anger at Dingo came from his insistance that that statement was an attempt to "control his project".

Anna Mae Bollocks

Being involved with Dingo's project would have meant having your name on something along with Uncle BadTouch's, as part of something that includes Uncle BadTouch, who Dingo seems to think is CENTRAL AND VITAL TO DISCORDIANISM. Which you would then be a documented part of.

So if you ever got a job working with kids, or if you had kids and something came up with CPS, or probably a bunch of other scenarios that haven't even occurred to me, YOUR NAME WOULD BE ON THIS THING WITH Uncle BadTouch'S. Kind of a tacit endorsement of Uncle BadTouch. Who happens to be a pedo.

Hell, even if you loathe kids and never, ever want to be around them, who the fuck wants to be associated with a pedo?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 05, 2013, 10:56:27 PM
Being involved with Dingo's project would have meant having your name on something along with Uncle BadTouch's, as part of something that includes Uncle BadTouch, who Dingo seems to think is CENTRAL AND VITAL TO DISCORDIANISM. Which you would then be a documented part of.

So if you ever got a job working with kids, or if you had kids and something came up with CPS, or probably a bunch of other scenarios that haven't even occurred to me, YOUR NAME WOULD BE ON THIS THING WITH Uncle BadTouch'S. Kind of a tacit endorsement of Uncle BadTouch. Who happens to be a pedo.

Hell, even if you loathe kids and never, ever want to be around them, who the fuck wants to be associated with a pedo?

This is why I went after his publisher.  The fucker put my name on the contributor's list for "his" book.

I don't want to be linked to him in any way other than posts of me hurling raw garbage at his nasty fucking ass.

LMNO

If I recall correctly, he also came up with a line of reasoning, something like, "well, you can address the Uncle BadTouch thing in the book itself" which apparently never occurred to him that it would make the book entirely about Uncle BadTouch, rather than Discordianism.