News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Intermittens Presents: XX and other works

Started by Placid Dingo, July 28, 2011, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I do not intend to mention people who have indicated they would prefer not to be mentioned. 

No, I didn't put a great deal of of effort into finding AKK. I had a go, gave up, forgot about him. I did not realise saying so would be so controversial. 

Nigel, you will find the apology in your inbox. I sent a PM after I took four people out of the Chasing Eris group I used for arranging meets. 
At first I thought I had been too hasty but I later felt that I had made the correct choice.
However I agreed that I should have given you time to finish your conversation. I apologised and offered to give you a chance to return to finish the conversation. That was sent in the form of a PM message. I certainly did not post anything of the kind you and Roger describe (I don't think he was ever in the group) in there, and I certainly don't think it resembled an outburst.

I don't mean for it to be the case that nobody here has the right to criticise my project without me swooping in to stop you but for obvious reasons I do find it upsetting for things to be said that are simply inaccurate. I will attempt to back off now unless anyone has direct questions or anything too painfully inaccurate for me to be comfortable ignoring (other then that I've already adressed).
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 12:28:31 AM
I do not intend to mention people who have indicated they would prefer not to be mentioned.

No, I didn't put a great deal of of effort into finding AKK. I had a go, gave up, forgot about him. I did not realise saying so would be so controversial.

Nigel, you will find the apology in your inbox. I sent a PM after I took four people out of the Chasing Eris group I used for arranging meets.
At first I thought I had been too hasty but I later felt that I had made the correct choice.
However I agreed that I should have given you time to finish your conversation. I apologised and offered to give you a chance to return to finish the conversation. That was sent in the form of a PM message. I certainly did not post anything of the kind you and Roger describe (I don't think he was ever in the group) in there, and I certainly don't think it resembled an outburst.

I don't mean for it to be the case that nobody here has the right to criticise my project without me swooping in to stop you but for obvious reasons I do find it upsetting for things to be said that are simply inaccurate. I will attempt to back off now unless anyone has direct questions or anything too painfully inaccurate for me to be comfortable ignoring (other then that I've already adressed).

I am aware of that apology; I don't have problems with my memory.

I appreciate your statement that I will not be mentioned in your project.

I have done nothing whatsoever to interfere with your project, and have no intention of doing so. But I do think you're a disingenuous sack of shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Out of curiosity, was anything of mine or Enrico's included?  I honestly can't remember now.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Placid Dingo

If you're talking about Uncle BadTouch's book, I had a look through when PD started having a freak out over alleged plagiarism.
Book is in 'Straya so I can't look now but as I recall the only works that didn't seem to be by Uncle BadTouch were from Dr. Jon and Vex.

If you're talking about my Intermittens story collection, Enrico, no. You... I don't know who you are. If you're Twid, I believe not.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 01:45:21 AM
If you're talking about Uncle BadTouch's book, I had a look through when PD started having a freak out over alleged plagiarism.
Book is in 'Straya so I can't look now but as I recall the only works that didn't seem to be by Uncle BadTouch were from Dr. Jon and Vex.

If you're talking about my Intermittens story collection, Enrico, no. You... I don't know who you are. If you're Twid, I believe not.

That's Hoopla.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 22, 2013, 01:48:28 AM

That's Hoopla.

Oops, I forgot I switched my name out.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 22, 2013, 01:49:54 AM

That's Hoopla.

I cannot recall the name of the story at this second but the Intermittens included the one where the boy with a talking pimple saws his own head off.

hooplala

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 01:54:04 AM

That's Hoopla.

I cannot recall the name of the story at this second but the Intermittens included the one where the boy with a talking pimple saws his own head off.

If this is going to be in anything else, can you just make up a name to go with that story?  If it's already done, then it's my own fault for being lax and tardy.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 22, 2013, 01:55:48 AM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 01:54:04 AM

That's Hoopla.

If this is going to be in anything else, can you just make up a name to go with that story?  If it's already done, then it's my own fault for being lax and tardy.

I think you gave it one, I just can't recall. Anyway, Cram did the layout and named anything that didnt have a title. I don't have future plans with it, but if I do I'll check in again.

Placid Dingo

hooplala

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 02:02:48 AM
The pathetic life of Oxo Marx

Yeah sorry, I meant author name.  But if it's already done with, then it's a moot point.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Placid Dingo

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 21, 2013, 09:16:34 PM
It's like he doesn't even EXIST.

He even has a Klout.  Who the fuck has a Klout?  Google+ is more popular.