News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

ATTN: Amerispags

Started by Juana, July 30, 2011, 11:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

I have one google music invitation (sorry, Shoe Ears got first dibs). PM me your email if you want it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

Nevermind. Other sibling snatched up.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

navkat

If you ever get another, I'd like to chk it.

Juana

East Coast Hustle

WTF is the deal with google doing this stupid "invites" shit every time they come up with some new crap? It's fucking stupid. Like anything to do with the single most ubiquitous company on planet earth is somehow going to be "exclusive".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

Uploads your music to the account and you can listen to it anywhere without syncing your phone and your account (or whatever you're using it on). Here's their annoyingly slick site: http://music.google.com/about/

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 31, 2011, 06:48:02 AM
WTF is the deal with google doing this stupid "invites" shit every time they come up with some new crap? It's fucking stupid. Like anything to do with the single most ubiquitous company on planet earth is somehow going to be "exclusive".
I was sharing something I like and find useful, that's all.

BabylonHoruv

I think it is how they beta test.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Anna Mae Bollocks

They let you request invitations, so I did.

This is some kind of cloud drive thing, right?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Hover Cat on July 31, 2011, 07:07:32 AM
Uploads your music to the account and you can listen to it anywhere without syncing your phone and your account (or whatever you're using it on). Here's their annoyingly slick site: http://music.google.com/about/

I was sharing something I like and find useful, that's all.

Oh, I wasn't directing my bitching at you, it was just a bitchy general observation.

Also, fuck Google in the ear. With a stick.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Cloud computing, in general, is a terrible idea.

I know, it's only music.  But wait until the day the music industry gets to check your credit card purchases against your actually owned music.  Because it will happen.

And then Google will ban you from every service they provide, and you'll be fucked for forever.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2011, 01:37:39 PM
Cloud computing, in general, is a terrible idea.

this x1000.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like cloud computing because it makes filesharing ridiculously easy, and it's not that hard to just not put anything illegal on a cloud drive.

As far as checking your music against your credit card purchases, they would first have to somehow eliminate cash sales of music as well as music given as gifts. They would have to shift entirely to a non-transferable licensing model of music sales, which I have no doubt the major labels would very much like to do but I don't see much likelihood of successfully ending music sales at concert venues, or globally shutting down storefronts, anytime soon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

:lulz: You think they won't just sue you and let YOU prove your innocence?

I admire your optimism.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 31, 2011, 05:16:12 PM
:lulz: You think they won't just sue you and let YOU prove your innocence?

I admire your optimism.

I think the system is fucked enough that they might even get away with it, but I don't think they'll try. Not anytime soon.

I have my Amazon music on their cloud drive. I don't have anything illegal on any cloud drive, anywhere, because that's just stupid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."