News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Sonar finds UFO on floor of Baltic Sea

Started by Precious Moments Zalgo, August 04, 2011, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Precious Moments Zalgo

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20087038-1/mysterious-ufo-like-object-spotted-on-sea-floor/

QuotePaging Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, we need you at the Baltic Sea as soon as possible. In what sounds like an opening for the next X-Files movie, an ocean salvage exploration company found an object on the floor of the Baltic Sea that looks an awful lot like a UFO.

The sonar images are vague at best, but the object still bears an uncanny resemblance to the outline of the Millennium Falcon. Has George Lucas been spotted anywhere in the vicinity?

The images come courtesy of the Ocean Explorer team, an experienced group of Swedish salvagers that already raised an impressive collection of rare and very expensive champagne from the watery depths.

Expedition leader Peter Lindberg notes that the mystery object is 60 meters across. Lines in the ocean floor next to it almost look like a skidded landing area.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Triple Zero

comment says: "Technically it is a USO: Unidentified Submerged Object." :lol:

hey the article doesn't really mention how deep this is, got any idea about that?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reeducation

I am very calm

Precious Moments Zalgo

I saw another article earlier that said 300 feet.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Cain

There have been reports (military ones) of UFOs either diving into or emerging from large bodies of water before (lakes and oceans). 

But yeah, probably a rock.

Xooxe

Maybe a collapsed cave.

I enjoy strange underwater thingies. Can't remember whether I've posted these before. http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/vents/acoustics/sounds_mystery.html

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Xooxe on August 05, 2011, 03:14:02 AM
Maybe a collapsed cave.

I enjoy strange underwater thingies. Can't remember whether I've posted these before. http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/vents/acoustics/sounds_mystery.html

If you click on the article, it says "It is too big for a whale and one theory is that it is a deep sea monster, possibly a many-tentacled giant squid."
:lol:

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

I really hope it's rock. I love rock. FUCK YEAH ROCK
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Kai

How can it look LIKE a UFO? Is it flying underneath the ocean? Because as far as I know, a UFO is an unidentified FLYING object. This is most definitely not flying. Also, is there some gestalt for UFOs besides being sited in the air and not identified?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on August 06, 2011, 05:44:13 AM
is there some gestalt for UFOs besides being sited in the air and not identified?

Yes there is, and I believe that also answers your other questions.

It's that they are often disc-shaped, made of unknown technology, looking out-of-place for being a result of organic processes.

That's why people can call this a UFO even though it's not flying.

And yes that doesn't quite make sense, but then, words sometimes take on a life of their own, and they don't always make sense. Like "Solid State Drive" :)

The bit that's probably bothering you most is that the disc-shaped quality is based on popular fiction, and not so much that UFOs generally are often found to be disc-shaped :)

Fractalbeard

It looks a bit like the millennium falcon.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Rurouzaru of Pancreas on August 06, 2011, 07:41:47 PM
It looks a bit like the millennium falcon.

Did you also know it was found in the Baltic Sea?