News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Nigels's stupid dating story thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 04, 2011, 11:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Looks like I won that round. Dead silence from Mr. Douchebag.  :lulz:

On Tuesday I had a date to meet a guy who, it turned out, wanted me to be a plaything for he and his girlfriend. I politely declined, but here's the thing: when I walked into the bar, there was a tall, very attractive, graying, balding man at the bar closing out. We looked at each other, and I kept sneaking glances as I went up to order a drink. He said hi, and I was too gobsmacked to do more than stammer a hello in return.

I spent the rest of the evening regretting my bashfulness. I could have been hanging out with THAT guy!

So, I placed an I Saw You ad in the Mercury on the off-chance he'll see and respond to it, and my new project is to get comfortable making conversation with strangers in bars. I feel like it's an important social skill that I'm not good at, at all.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

If you're feeling too shy to force a conversation with a stranger at the bar, here are two good strategies:

1) If your drink is not red wine and/or they're wearing dark and inexpensive clothing, accidentally spill a little of your drink on them, then in the ensuing embarrassed conversation insist that they let you buy their next drink/take them out for a drink sometime to make up for it.

2) If you think the drink-spilling routine might backfire, try accidentally stepping on his foot.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

navkat

It might have been douchebag following you and deliberately making eye contact.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 07, 2011, 10:36:08 PM
If you're feeling too shy to force a conversation with a stranger at the bar, here are two good strategies:

1) If your drink is not red wine and/or they're wearing dark and inexpensive clothing, accidentally spill a little of your drink on them, then in the ensuing embarrassed conversation insist that they let you buy their next drink/take them out for a drink sometime to make up for it.

2) If you think the drink-spilling routine might backfire, try accidentally stepping on his foot.

I actually think I don't need an opener, as much as I need to be able to respond like a normal human being when a cute  guy says "hi", instead of squeaking, wetting my pants, and running away.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on August 08, 2011, 01:20:06 AM
It might have been douchebag following you and deliberately making eye contact.

If douchebag looked like that, he wouldn't be afraid to send women a picture of his face.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on August 08, 2011, 07:52:26 AM

I actually think I don't need an opener, as much as I need to be able to respond like a normal human being when a cute  guy says "hi", instead of squeaking, wetting my pants, and running away.

Or, just find cute guys who enjoy squeaking and pants-wetting.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 08, 2011, 12:48:53 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 08, 2011, 07:52:26 AM

Or, just find cute guys who enjoy squeaking and pants-wetting.

Now there's a strategy! As long as I don't run away.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sadly, I don't have any really entertaining stories to tell, but after my brief date with a guy who is 20 years older than me (he smelled like grandpa) I went to the Nest to practice meeting people at a bar. I was stunned by how easy it was to strike up conversations! All I did was bring a book and sit down and read. There was also a movie playing.

I met not one single guy I would even consider going home with, although I think the two guys at the end of the night who told me all about the downtown sex club they work in thought I was going to go home with them. Of course, they probably also thought I was wasted, as I'd started the evening with vodka soda in a pint glass and switched to plain soda water halfway through, so they'd seen me guzzle about five of what they thought were vodka sodas. They seemed totally surprised when I stood up and said I was heading out. Skeezes. What I wonder is, what girl is impressed by guys who work at a sex club? Does that ever work for them? Barf.

I told one hilariously artsy college student about Discordianism and he said he'd look it up.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on August 09, 2011, 05:46:23 PM
I told one hilariously artsy college student about Discordianism and he said he'd look it up.

And that's how we get pinealists, kids.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2011, 05:48:30 PM

He takes himself WAY too seriously to be a pinealist. He was sporting some Inigo Montoya facial hair and sketching in a book with charcoal.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on August 09, 2011, 06:54:26 PM

He takes himself WAY too seriously to be a pinealist. He was sporting some Inigo Montoya facial hair and sketching in a book with charcoal.

And why didn't you latch onto this guy?  Hell, he's bound to be headed for great things.  Imagine the joy you'd feel as he mopes in the basement, complaining that nobody understands his "work".  You can hold his hands and explain how the world is being terribly unfair.

Then you can whack him over the head with a glass dildo, shave half his beard off, and dump him behind a biker bar.

Dok,
Fuck you, I'm sick!

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2011, 06:59:57 PM

And why didn't you latch onto this guy?  Hell, he's bound to be headed for great things.  Imagine the joy you'd feel as he mopes in the basement, complaining that nobody understands his "work".  You can hold his hands and explain how the world is being terribly unfair.

Then you can whack him over the head with a glass dildo, shave half his beard off, and dump him behind a biker bar.

Dok,
Fuck you, I'm sick!

I already had one of those, his name was Blue Winterhawk.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on August 09, 2011, 07:02:10 PM

Dok,
Fuck you, I'm sick!

But you didn't have my advice.

Think of those poor, underprivileged bikers, Nigel.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2011, 07:03:17 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 09, 2011, 07:02:10 PM

Dok,
Fuck you, I'm sick!

But you didn't have my advice.

Think of those poor, underprivileged bikers, Nigel.

It makes me sad.  :cry:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube