News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Insight Into Anarchy's Subtle Nuances. London. 2011.

Started by Eartha-ly Delights, August 10, 2011, 01:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eartha-ly Delights

I've come to realise of late that I have had some trouble getting the more nitpicky definitions of certain terminolgy straight in my head.

"Political Protesters" are burning shit that sits on land underneath which are found vast oil supplies, gold mines, diamonds or rare earth minerals, which are currently under the control of a politician or politicians who won't pander to the whims of the IMF and S&P.

And rioters are burning shit in areas in which the London and International Olympic Committees wish soon to see a load of well heeled, ticket holding tourists accommodated in stylishly appointed medium density housing which will lend itself nicely to "gentrification" type schemes after the event.

Silly me.

And here I thought a lot of educationally and socially disadvantaged people had got sick of watching the neighbours gunned down in cold blood by a violent and inherently corrupt Police Force. And lacking the luxury of an erudite and literate leadership (or any leadership at all in fact) which might express their justified anger in words to the general public (which may in turn have taken enough note of it to ask that the Met make at least a show of investigating the shooting) they acted out in self destructive and powerless rage. ie: They smashed some shit up.

Which at first small scale smashing of shit, the authorities deliberately allowed to escalate into utter chaos and then degenerate into a frenzy of looting by opportunistic criminal elements (and quite possibly agent provocatuers).

Of course it had to be done. Unpleasant though it may look. This is a necessary first step in the all important Pauper Relocation Program, so essential for the smooth progress of preparations for the world's biggest (and most profitable) sports carnival next year.

A brilliant scheme in fact. Conceived of by the geniuses in the Property Development Sector and the Olympics Administration, engineered by the social policies of a morally bankrupt coalition govt and orchestrated by their jack booted and murderously inclined lackeys in the London Constabulary.

You watch them clean out Stratford et. al after the smoke has cleared. There won't be a Council Estate left in inner London with it's residents unscattered to the far corners of England.

It's a GEOPOLITICAL fucking issue, innit? Location. location, location is all that matters to the definition of such esoteric labels as "Political Protester" or "Social Justice Campaigner" ....and the more pedestrian "Rioter"....aka "violent little gobshite".

Silly me.

:argh!:

Check that first link...they knew...the cunts knew it was about to go tits up..."Something may happen around 7pm"...yeah...that's what it said on Blackberry Messaging as the call went out to come and party...Guy Fawkes Night has come early. Parades and bonfires in the street.

They weren't exactly surrepfuckingtitious about their plans.

.....so why weren't the Filth waiting in force to quell it?
No... they granted all the riot squad boys a reprieve...and forbade the fire brigade to enter the worst affected areas.

They wanted it to happen. Risk to life and property was not their primary concern, it would seem. The need for a swift demolition phase to an urban renewal program would appear to have taken precedence over any sort of lily livered bleeding heart preoccupations with protecting the populace.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/tag/stratford

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/police-attack-london-burns

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/08/08/police-shooting-leads-to-massive-riots-looting-in-london/

Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.
Terry Pratchett

Doktor Howl

You have Anarchy, then.

The absence of the rule of law.
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Eartha-ly Delights

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2011, 01:49:08 AM
You have Anarchy, then.

What rule of law?  Whose law for that matter? Are they to be allowed to shoot people in the streets..unarmed people it appears now...with mental health issues...and not be questioned as to why??

As for their role in the riot escalating...
They didn't even try to quell it...that's my point...if the law is supposed to protect the great mass of us, it has done a very poor job of it here..

The "rule of law" didn't do the poor buggers in Tottenham and Camden much good in the last 4 days did it?
The filth  sat on their fat arses and watched it burn.
Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eartha-ly Delights on August 10, 2011, 03:11:39 AM
You have Anarchy, then.

What rule of law?  Whose law for that matter? Are they to be allowed to shoot people in the streets..unarmed people it appears now...with mental health issues...and not be questioned as to why??

As for their role in the riot escalating...
They didn't even try to quell it...that's my point...if the law is supposed to protect the great mass of us, it has done a very poor job of it here..

The "rule of law" didn't do the poor buggers in Tottenham and Camden much good in the last 4 days did it?
The filth  sat on their fat arses and watched it burn.

Cops on a rampage is NOT the rule of law.

I don't know why I expected that distinction to be obvious.

Dok,
Hopelessly fucking optimistic, apparently.
Molon Lube

Eartha-ly Delights

You have Anarchy, then.

Well I did begin the post by letting you know I am a little dense when it comes to nuances of language...

Possibly had you been a tad more verbose; I dunno...maybe even given one of your sentences a subjective clause or summat, providing context or reference points for the apparent use of the term "anarchy" as an epithet,  I may have been able to better discern the precise direction in which you were headed with that thought.

Instead  my callow interloper self, ill used to being bathed in the glory that  I'm sure is to be found in the myriad wisdoms of the good doktor, it was a little confusing.

I know brevity is the soul of wit and all, but you must admit, you don't give a stranger a lot to work with in terms of divining your precise meaning, oftentimes.

Just sayin'.

NB:I hope me Vindaloo isn't still disagreeing with you. Sorry if it is. I was told you liked a bit of spice.

PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett

Epimetheus

Quote from: Eartha-ly Delights on August 10, 2011, 03:57:55 AM
Instead  my callow interloper self, ill used to being bathed in the glory that  I'm sure is to be found in the myriad wisdoms of the good doktor, it was a little confusing.

Why do they all do this, Dok? Why?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 10, 2011, 04:11:20 AM

Because I am a freak magnet.  I swear to fucking God.
Molon Lube

Eartha-ly Delights

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2011, 04:14:28 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on August 10, 2011, 04:11:20 AM

Because I am a freak magnet.  I swear to fucking God.

Nah. I'm not even stalking you.

I'm stalking Charley. He's lovely.

Sorry I can't include you in my calendar. I'm sure you'd be a right offensive old bastard a lot of fun to be around. but I'm just a one guru at a time obsessive fan type of girl, innit?.

:wink:
PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett

Epimetheus

The day Dok becomes a guru, I am fleeing, along with anyone who knows what's good for them. I will, however, be tuning into the news often, to hear of the...exploits...of the Howlites.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 10, 2011, 04:24:47 AM
The day Dok becomes a guru, I am fleeing, along with anyone who knows what's good for them. I will, however, be tuning into the news often, to hear of the...exploits...of the Howlites.

The day I become a fucking guru, I shall have my testicles nailed to the floor.

And that's all the Howling you'll ever need to hear.
Molon Lube

Epimetheus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2011, 04:52:08 AM

:lulz:

But what a martyrdom for the followers. It will stop nothing.

eta: I am really tempted to design a symbol for a religion based on a testicle-to-floor-nailing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Epimetheus on August 10, 2011, 04:54:07 AM

Anyone who actually lets me tell them what to do deserves whatever they get.

I mean, it's not like I don't TELL people I hate them and want bad things to happen to them, is it?  I'm obviously the PERFECT person to take instructions from or just stalk.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

eta: I am really tempted to design a symbol for a religion based on a testicle-to-floor-nailing.

I command you to do this thing.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 10, 2011, 02:13:27 AM
Does this mean BH is gonna move to Tottenham?

Great, now I've got cold peppermint tea in my nose.

Do it. It surpasses WHAT JESUS DID.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division