News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Teabaggers fasting during Perry's "Day of Response".

Started by Doktor Howl, August 08, 2011, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Jenne

:lulz:

I heard there were only 8K signed up--never saw how many came out to the "free" prayer meeting that was set to be in the hottest part of the year for a place where the weather's on par with Dante's 5th circle.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on August 08, 2011, 07:46:32 PM

I heard there were only 8K signed up--never saw how many came out to the "free" prayer meeting that was set to be in the hottest part of the year for a place where the weather's on par with Dante's 5th circle.

30,000, or 60% capacity.  The hall was kept arctic, while the rest of Dallas didn't get their AC subsidies (for old people, etc, and that everyone pays into for that specific reason), because that was needed to "balance the budget" (ie, it got sucked into the general fund).

Here's the funny thing:  They couldn't find 50,000 religious zealots in Texas and Oklahoma.   :lulz:

Perry is DOOMED.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2011, 07:49:27 PM
Quote from: Jenne on August 08, 2011, 07:46:32 PM

30,000, or 60% capacity.  The hall was kept arctic, while the rest of Dallas didn't get their AC subsidies (for old people, etc, and that everyone pays into for that specific reason), because that was needed to "balance the budget" (ie, it got sucked into the general fund).

Of course. I've never met any elderly, poor or disabled people in Texas who actually GET that. Everybody knows that's not what it's REALLY for.

Here's the funny thing:  They couldn't find 50,000 religious zealots in Texas and Oklahoma.   :lulz:

Perry is DOOMED.

This just made my day.  :lulz:

Elder Iptuous

Dysfunctional Cunt

Anna Mae Bollocks