News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

The Atlas Shrugged Themepark?

Started by Mangrove, August 16, 2011, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not to mention that this one has the potential to fail in an EPIC AND HILARIOUS (BY WHICH I MEAN TRAGIC AND AWFUL) way. Which is why I very deeply hope that Roger's prediction is wrong, and mine is right.

This particular idea is WAY too awesome to fail after a mere few years.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH OH OH

I forgot the best part! That the potential number of islands and variety of experimental governmental styles, should this take off, means there is potential for SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF GLORIOUS FAILURE!!! If this works, it could be one of the most educational experiments EVER!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Im kinda hoping the communists build one right next to the libertarians for extra lulz.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want Anarchists to build one, but first Anarchists would have to have money.  :cry:

Elder Iptuous

according to TYT, the libertarians are anarchists...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on August 18, 2011, 12:39:55 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on August 18, 2011, 12:11:32 AM
I think i'm missing something.
everyone is gleefully thinking about how Mr. Thiel's Island is going to burn to the seafloor in a spectacular failure of radical libertarian foolishness....
but.
all i've seen is that he's donated 1.25M to the seasteading institue, which specifically says on their website that they aren't going to be building any islands themselves.  they just do studies, etc.
so...
who's making an island here?

Come on Ippy, you've been here longer than I and you know that when ANY libertarian idea is discussed, no matter WHAT, it's met with :lulzlibertardians: are teh lail.

Concrete concepts are not necessary if the get in the way of teh lulz

Wait.  They're not even doing it?

:lulz:

THIS JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER!

Dok,
A huge fan of the Ron Paul method of colonization.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 18, 2011, 01:46:39 AM
everyone is gleefully thinking about how Mr. Thiel's Island is going to burn to the seafloor in a spectacular failure of radical libertarian foolishness....
but.
all i've seen is that he's donated 1.25M to the seasteading institue, which specifically says on their website that they aren't going to be building any islands themselves.  they just do studies, etc.
so...

Come on Ippy, you've been here longer than I and you know that when ANY libertarian idea is discussed, no matter WHAT, it's met with :lulzlibertardians: are teh lail.

Dok,

Apparently, they're just collecting cash from people who HOPE they will do it.

Shit, why can't I ever think of this kind of thing first?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on August 18, 2011, 01:54:59 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 18, 2011, 01:46:39 AM
but.
so...

Dok,

Apparently, they're just collecting cash from people who HOPE they will do it.

Shit, why can't I ever think of this kind of thing first?

I changed my mind.  This is the most insanely GENIUS idea since the grifter from Texas coined the term "Moneybomb".
Molon Lube

Kai

Libertarianism is lulzy because it takes "let's all take on a little more responsibility for more social freedom" and turns it into "CAPITALISM AND INDUSTRY ARE GOD AND EVERYTHING THAT'S GOOD ON THIS PLANET, AND THE BUSINESSMAN CAN DO NO WRONG, ALSO, GUNS FOR ALL THE CHILDREN! ALSO ALSO, GOVERNMENT AS PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE!"
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

Its also lately turned social freedom into meaning freedom from all of those dark skinned gay non christian liberals and their demands of equality. Libertarian usually means "i dont want to admit that im a far right republican" these days.

Kai

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 18, 2011, 04:18:11 AM
Its also lately turned social freedom into meaning freedom from all of those dark skinned gay non christian liberals and their demands of equality. Libertarian usually means "i dont want to admit that im a far right republican" these days.

Who was it that said that libertarians are white single twenty somethings living off a trust fund and living in starbucks?
Because this in my experience is true more often than not.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

Not sure. I have noticed the age thing though. Except when it comes to teabagger libertarians. Those all tend to be twelve year olds trapped in middle aged bodies around here.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I know a few. They're redneck drunks and/or potheads who got disenchanted with that dry republitard Bush shit but aren't quite ready to be LIBRULS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division