News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

I can't even pretend to be surprised.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Well, now, we can't have that sort of thing going public before an ELECTION, you see...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Elder Iptuous

this was several years ago, luna.
you'd think it would have sunk this bozo then, but he's an unflushable...
i don't understand how he's gotten reelected twice.

Luna

Quote from: Iptuous on August 18, 2011, 03:36:19 AM

One of those reelections was 2010, IIRC, and this was late 2009.

There's more stuff that surfaced around the time of that election here:

http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/10080/rick-perrys-top-ten-state-agency-scandals-his-decade-of-failure

And another here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noelle-cigarroa-perese/governor-perry-caught-in_b_663923.html

Amazing that he got reelected, yes.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Iptuous on August 18, 2011, 03:36:19 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Texas_redistricting
Stacked the deck.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Lenin McCarthy

:|

Will any of you disagree with me if I call this murder?

Cain

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on August 18, 2011, 02:18:11 PM

Nope.

I'll go one further and say it seems a prerequisite to be the Governor of Texas is unusually high levels of blood lust, and a willingness to send people to the chair for suspect reasons (let us not forget Bush Jr, who refused to grant clemency to a grandmother, who killed her husband in self-defence after decades of of physical abuse from him.  Or several other "killers" whose threat to society was severely lacking, or their conviction was a sham.  In fact, the only person Bush Jr ever granted clemency to was an unrepentant serial killer).

Elder Iptuous

i like pointing out the findings of the Innocence Project of Texas whenever the topic comes up.
some of the instances seem to really make an impact on people.

Cain

Perry's not very subtle threat to Bernanke is going too far even for Karl Rove, who said it was "not Presidential".

In fact, that more than anything makes me wonder if Perry can win the race.  You don't threaten the Fed and become politically powerful - quite the opposite, in fact.

If the Fed wasn't planning to pump billions into the economy in 2012, well, they certainly are now, if only to, as I'm sure they're whispering to each other "keep that nutter Perry as far as possible from the levers of power".

Elder Iptuous

Ron Paul was quoted as saying that Perry's remarks made even him look like a moderate!
:lol:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2011, 11:58:41 PM
Perry's not very subtle threat to Bernanke is going too far even for Karl Rove, who said it was "not Presidential".

In fact, that more than anything makes me wonder if Perry can win the race.  You don't threaten the Fed and become politically powerful - quite the opposite, in fact.

If the Fed wasn't planning to pump billions into the economy in 2012, well, they certainly are now, if only to, as I'm sure they're whispering to each other "keep that nutter Perry as far as possible from the levers of power".

That's good to know.

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2011, 02:57:20 PM

Nope.

I'll go one further and say it seems a prerequisite to be the Governor of Texas is unusually high levels of blood lust, and a willingness to send people to the chair for suspect reasons (let us not forget Bush Jr, who refused to grant clemency to a grandmother, who killed her husband in self-defence after decades of of physical abuse from him.  Or several other "killers" whose threat to society was severely lacking, or their conviction was a sham.  In fact, the only person Bush Jr ever granted clemency to was an unrepentant serial killer).

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/20/opinion/oe-ivins20
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 19, 2011, 04:23:07 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2011, 11:58:41 PM

That's good to know.

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2011, 02:57:20 PM

Nope.

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/20/opinion/oe-ivins20

This was a fantastic article in part because she had limited space and had to be incredibly concise.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."