News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 04:24:18 PM
I'm not trying to prevent you cats from doing your thing. I just wanted to voice my opinion why I think it's a poor way of raising awareness. I mean, you could call him a nigger lover or nigger hater, that would also have a slight chance of negatively influencing Rick Perry, but I can't stand with a group of people shouting shit like that.

Anyway, I think I've made my point -- carry on with the shenanigans.

I'm neither black nor gay and I'm still having trouble not taking some offense at your equivocation of the two terms. I know you don't mean offense by it, but it's still offensive.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

If we don't grind this Perry fucker into the ground, we are fucked as a country.  We will end up a good 50 years backwards socially.  

Not only do I think homosexuality will be made illegal, I have to wonder who he'll send to the back of the bus.

LMNO

I should mention that I do think those pics do make me laugh.

And I suppose I could reframe it in the sense that no one should be bothered by an accusation of homosexuality, so seeing him get all worked up by it underlines the "no big deal" part.

So yeah, I withdraw my objections.

LMNO
-rationalizing his way out of corners since 1987.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 13, 2011, 04:43:24 PM

And I suppose I could reframe it in the sense that no one should be bothered by an accusation of homosexuality, so seeing him get all worked up by it underlines the "no big deal" part.

LMNO

He's already reacting to other groups, incidentally:

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/perry-takes-pointed-questions-social-conservatives/
Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Quoted in case anyone missed it, because I think it's an important point:

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 13, 2011, 04:19:31 PM

ITT, a textbook example of why the American left is completely ineffectual and deserves the constant shitting-on that it gets.

this isn't the 60s and nobody here is Gandhi or MLK. If you can't play the game the way it IS played instead of as how you THINK it SHOULD be played, well, you're gonna lose every time.

Moral high ground these days is just a nice fat thumb for losers to suck on.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 13, 2011, 05:10:30 PM
Quoted in case anyone missed it, because I think it's an important point:

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 13, 2011, 04:19:31 PM

ITT, a textbook example of why the American left is completely ineffectual and deserves the constant shitting-on that it gets.

this isn't the 60s and nobody here is Gandhi or MLK. If you can't play the game the way it IS played instead of as how you THINK it SHOULD be played, well, you're gonna lose every time.

Moral high ground these days is just a nice fat thumb for losers to suck on.

I couldn't agree more.  Pragmatism > shiny clean hands, and has been since about 1979.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I'm sure you cats have some values or principles that you wouldn't violate for political ends. If not, why aren't you gunning down the opposition?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 05:25:23 PM
I'm sure you cats have some values or principles that you wouldn't violate for political ends. If not, why aren't you gunning down the opposition?

Literally or figuratively?

Doktor Howl

Of course there are.  However, there are few political means I will not use to preserve those values and principles.  There is a subtle, but very important distinction there.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 05:27:29 PM

Of course there are.  However, there are few political means I will not use to preserve those values and principles.  There is a subtle, but very important distinction there.

That's a really strong point, thank you.

I still don't share your commitment to Sparkle Motion, but I can respect needing to break a few eggs to make a horrible American omelet.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 05:42:01 PM
I still don't share your commitment to Sparkle Motion,

Few people do.   :lol:
Molon Lube

Cain

Because it wouldn't work.

I believe in winning, as a rule.

There are two basic approaches to politics.  There is the Continental Op approach, and there is the Mr Smith approach.

The Mr Smith approach is useful.  You want approchable, likeable, mostly clean politicians.  But occasionally, you need people who are willing to play the game the same way the opposition do, only smarter and dirtier.  Especially when that opposition is as dirty as the Republicans.  I don't need to go into a long list of what is wrong with the Republicans here (I also believe many of those problems apply to the Democrats, incidentally), but the fact is, based on what I know, from reading internal memos of the Republican party, watching how they run House and Senate committees etc, they will use almost any legal or legislative means at their exposure to fuck their enemies up, even if it ends up harming the country as a whole as a result.

Thus, sometimes, you need to get back at them in such a way that they cannot fight back, that they do not have options and that they are utterly screwed.

People are going to look down on this, as a rule.  It chafes against our natural sense of fairness, decency and good intentions.  But sometimes it is necessary regardless.

The Democrats, as a rule, cannot plot their way out of a wet paper bag.  They also require a substansial purge in their membership and certain organizations within the party.  But at the same time, they're going to be convinced they need to tilt hard and to the right so long as the Republicans continue to play to their crazy base, instead of stabbing each other in the back over ridiculous allegations and giving credence to ridiculous allegations and so on and so forth.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 04:47:57 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 13, 2011, 04:43:24 PM

LMNO

He's already reacting to other groups, incidentally:

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/perry-takes-pointed-questions-social-conservatives/

The misogynist fetus zealots names their group after SUSAN B. ANTHONY?  :x :vom:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

PopeTom

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 13, 2011, 03:46:44 PM
I'm sort of on board with Cram, in the sense that I really like a lot of gay people, and I in no way want douchebags like Perry and Mr Bachmann associated with GLORIOUS FAGGOTRY.

They're just not fabulously awesome enough.

So, if we want to run with this, why don't we take it literally?  "Rick Perry is so not gay.  You can tell by his poor fashion sense, by the way he dances, and the fact that he's an utter shitbag."

"Being gay is cool.  Being Rick Perry isn't.  PERRY: NOT EVEN ONCE."

As a man with a shitbag I feel the need to speak up.
I would never compare my shitbag to Rick Perry. 
My shitbag serves a useful purpose.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PopeTom on September 13, 2011, 06:17:59 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 13, 2011, 03:46:44 PM
I'm sort of on board with Cram, in the sense that I really like a lot of gay people, and I in no way want douchebags like Perry and Mr Bachmann associated with GLORIOUS FAGGOTRY.

They're just not fabulously awesome enough.

So, if we want to run with this, why don't we take it literally?  "Rick Perry is so not gay.  You can tell by his poor fashion sense, by the way he dances, and the fact that he's an utter shitbag."

"Being gay is cool.  Being Rick Perry isn't.  PERRY: NOT EVEN ONCE."

As a man with a shitbag I feel the need to speak up.
I would never compare my shitbag to Rick Perry. 
My shitbag serves a useful purpose.

Two useful purposes.

You're never without a condom.
Molon Lube