News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Win Sidebar Gadget

Started by DocS, March 07, 2012, 08:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocS

Folks, i wrote a little Windows 7 (probably Vista too) Sidebar Gadget to view the current discordian date.

It's still a bit beta, but should work proper. Improvement suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Telarus

:fnord::1fap:

I had no idea I wanted this until it existed.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Oysters Rockefeller

Ah, this is brilliant.

I'll let you know if it definetly works on vista or not when it's downloaded. I'm still behind the times.

ETA: Didn't think my computer would download it that fast. Workin' like a champ. Good stuff.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

navkat

Someone made one for Android. I think I totally gave it a shit review and called its creator a Spag when I uninstalled it.  :lulz:

Don Coyote

Maybe I will now be able to understand what those spags on the interbutts are going on about when they start spouting Discordian dates at me.

DocS

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on March 07, 2012, 04:20:53 PM
ETA: Didn't think my computer would download it that fast. Workin' like a champ. Good stuff.

Thanks for testing on Vista. It's just 27kb, should be no big deal for any kinda connection.

Triple Zero

Just browsed the code, it's Javascript (JScript, to be exact), seems legit. XML manifest does state it requires "full" permissions, probably for ease of development. The code seems to do indeed nothing but calculate the Discordian Date, no funny stuff. I didn't try it, though.

Just saying, in case anyone was (rightfully) thinking "hey I'm not going to install some homebrewn piece of code from some guy I don't know", so now you can.

If it happens to fuck up your computer regardless I won't take responsibility though.

If it happens to make your computer really shiny and run 10,000x faster and get you laid a lot more, I won't hesitate to take responsibility.

;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.