News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

What the shit is all of this?

Started by Surround, August 19, 2011, 04:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surround

Serious question: is the whole point just that discordia is nonsense, or is there something more to it?  I've been into the eastern religions for a while now, as well as the conspiracy/23 stuff, for a while now.  So, what's up with discordianism?

Freeky

It is both a load of nonsense and also there's more to it than that.  Take away from Discordia what you will, because there isn't any solid doctrine to follow (except for thinking for yourself, but that is more a heavy-handed suggestion.)

Salty

Hey if you really wanna know more about Discorida check out this cool website:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=12132.0
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Don Coyote

QuoteWhat the shit is all of this?

Mostly dead cells and bacteria.

Eater of Clowns

To understand discordianism, you first need to understand discordianism.

No, really, you should probably consult an expert on the subject.  Just don't trust anyone that calls themselves an expert because that makes them a liar and a fraud, which is what allows them to be so good at it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I see it kind of like Eastern philosophy without gurus, and you get to fuck with people.  :p

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 19, 2011, 06:34:21 AM
I see it kind of like Eastern philosophy without gurus, and you get to fuck with people.  :p

Alternatively it's like a bunch of gurus with no philosophy. :lulz:

Eater of Clowns

A discordian results from the violent relaxation of the mind.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Y'know how everyone's always on about 'the light path' and 'the dark path' and 'the true path'? Discordia is all the landscape between the paths that too many people ignore on their single-minded journey down the beaten track.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 19, 2011, 07:04:29 AM
Y'know how everyone's always on about 'the light path' and 'the dark path' and 'the true path'? Discordia is all the landscape between the paths that too many people ignore on their single-minded journey down the beaten track.

I think this is a good way to look at it, except the off-path is filled with feces and the trees keep trying to butt fuck you.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 19, 2011, 07:10:16 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on August 19, 2011, 07:04:29 AM

I think this is a good way to look at it, except the off-path is filled with feces and the trees keep trying to butt fuck you.

Pretty much.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Quote from: COL Coyote on August 19, 2011, 06:38:07 AM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 19, 2011, 06:34:21 AM
I see it kind of like Eastern philosophy without gurus, and you get to fuck with people.  :p

Alternatively it's like a bunch of gurus with no philosophy. :lulz:

"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." -Hung Mung, 3rd Century BCE

In a Universe where our national Atomic Weapons Ethics handbook included references to YHWH obliterating its enemies in balefire without taking any mana burn.... where the Law is bargaining with drug cartels using "Get (Ignored) Out of Jail Free" cards in exchange for intel on their rivals (re-gifted, mind you, and covered in the cocaine residue left from the last shmuck to use it)....

....where someone with millions in the bank actually proposes an ATLAS SHRUGGED THEMEPARK (for Goddess' Sake, where's-my-f-ing-knife) within the same 24 months of the Atlas Shrugged Movie BOMING like the deluded Oslo psudeo-neo-Templaring idiot....

....a Universe where we've moved waaaay past the Military Industrial Complex to the Conspiritainment Complex, where some of us _ARE_ living in the future (it just hasn't been even distributed yet), where individual citizens are used to farm and sell debt on a national scale (like a bankster's Farmville on Facebook... oh you know they're doing that after the oh, so exhausting E-Trade commercial..click-clikc-click-click), and we seriously consider electing people who taking about "trading carbon emission credits"....

....it's a universe where the While House Chief of Staff remarks about a War Action (the Iraqi War, btw): "From a marketing point of view, you don't introduce new products in August."..... but it's also a Universe where no-body remembers that because they yanked down pt.1 of the America's Got Talent's Season Finale from Hulu.com after only 24 hours, and fuck people are pissed they didn't get to see those acts perform.

In these Strange Times, if you really need a friendly guiding hand, are you really going to quibble over weather he's a Taoist in a Clown suit, an Admiral in the Floating Republic of Mu, or a Dinosaur Shaman in a Pith Helmet (hush now, dinosaurs were real creatures, not like those other stories)?

:evil:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Disco Pickle

I like this thread. 

In just 11 posts it's been more effective than any high colonic you can find on the Free MarketTM
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

LMNO

Chao te Ching

Chapter 64
Organized things cause Disorder.
Disorganized things cry for Order.
The colorful and flashy get noticed.
The wary and wise wear camouflage.
A mindfuck of epic proportions
only happens when no one notices the set-up.
Most games are won
when using misdirection.

Let other people
wave their flags and storm the riot shields.
You're not playing that game;
Those game rules were written by Authority.
There is no way you can win at that.

Therefore the wise spags learn all the rules,
and then write different games.
They create the Illusion
that best fits their situation,
and doing so, win.

Chapter 81
Words are not experiences.
Experiences have no words.

Reading about Laughter
is not the same as laughing.

These Orderly letters only approximate
the spinning Chaos of life.

The Disorder around you
has yet to find a pattern.

Now get out there
and make something happen.

Cainad (dec.)

Discordia is what's left after it all falls apart.