News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Page Eight

Started by Cain, August 28, 2011, 05:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Britspags, watch it tonight (9pm, BBC 2).

Everyone else, torrent it.

David Hare wrote and directed it, and some of the inspiration for the series comes directly from Craig Murray's Murder in Samarkand, one of the most sordid tales of what the British government really gets up to and how it really acts in the world.  Hare previously worked on the radio version of Murder in Samarkand as well.  So, it should be really, really good.

Triple Zero

Hm, we get BBC2 here*, when I read the description/summary to Kirschtorte she said "So, kind of like Burn Notice, except British?" :lol:

I suppose it's a bit more serious than Burn Notice, but it looks very good, so we'll check it out, thanks :)

(*as soon as we connect the digital thingy on the TV which we've been putting off since forever cause I don't really care as you already get most channels via analogue cable)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Ooh--thankees.  I'll alert my mother, too...she's totally into this sort of shit.

Jenne

Damn, just googled it and it's not coming till the Fall here--looks like possibly November.  On PBS.

November 6...and I can't record further than 2 weeks in advance with ATT UVerse, but I've already got Masterpiece on a weekly basis recording...so I think I'm good.

Cain

BBC 2 seems to be currently overseeing a revival of the British Conspiracy Thriller.  Which of course I thoroughly approve of, and is yet more proof that this decade is the 80s, with better hair.

The Shadow Line, which was on the same channel earlier this year, is also worth a look if you like the genre.

Triple Zero

So is this a miniseries? Or a single episode/TV-film?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cain

Miniseries.  I can't actually recall the last time the BBC did a proper film...excluding possibly the Discworld feature length programs (and even then, they were split up over several days).

Triple Zero

How many episodes is it then? Cause all I can find on IMDB and Wikipedia is it's just a single 100 minute episode?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0146fz0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_Eight
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1797469/

... Torte's very busy trying to get the digital TV box thingy to work :) :) She has 15 minutes, still :) Otherwise it'll be the torrent.

Cain

Hmm, apparently I was wrong, then.  Apologies.

And speaking of time...it's on in 15 minutes, and I need to go to the store for supplies.  Thank god for live pause.