News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Roudinesco, Freud and Discordia

Started by The Johnny, August 21, 2011, 12:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from:  Roudinesco, Elizabeth "The depressive society" - fragment of Chapter 1
...We know that the invention of Freud of a new configuration of the psyche, assumed the existance of a subject capable of interiorizing prohibitions. Inmersed in the unconscious and torn apart by a guilty conscience, this subject, freed to his pulsions by the death of god, finds itself always at war against himself. From this comes the freudian concept of neurosis, centered around discord, angst, guilt and sexual disorders. Nows, this is the idea of subjectivity, very characteristic of democratic societies, based itself on the permanent conflict between oneself and others, which tends to blur the contemporary mental organization in favour of the psychological notion of depressive personality...

:fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Kai

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 21, 2011, 12:11:14 AM

Quote from:  Roudinesco, Elizabeth "The depressive society" - fragment of Chapter 1
...We know that the invention of Freud of a new configuration of the psyche, assumed the existance of a subject capable of interiorizing prohibitions. Inmersed in the unconscious and torn apart by a guilty conscience, this subject, freed to his pulsions by the death of god, finds itself always at war against himself. From this comes the freudian concept of neurosis, centered around discord, angst, guilt and sexual disorders. Nows, this is the idea of subjectivity, very characteristic of democratic societies, based itself on the permanent conflict between oneself and others, which tends to blur the contemporary mental organization in favour of the psychological notion of depressive personality...

:fnord:

That read like complete gobblygook. Also, Freud continues to be shit. I don't understand why psychologists keep presenting these hacks. It would be like Biologists constantly talking about Lamarck.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Johnny

I wasnt posting in seriousness, just cause i saw the word "discord" so i transcribed a paragraph, hence the " :fnord:"

This some book im gonna get sometime soon in RL, cause it deals with the issue of how pharmacological treatment of psychical suffering (for the most part) is mostly a strategy of normalization and avoiding social conflict.

She also speaks of how mostly "today"(circa 1999) suffering is expressed through "depression" in the form of sadness, apathy, cult of oneself and the search for identity...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

moose

Foucault's "History of Madness" might be interesting to you Joh'Nyx
"We can even have a lobby in Washington", Harding was saying, "an organization. NAAIP. Pressure groups. Big billboards along the highway showing a babbling schizophrenic running a wrecking machine, bold, red and green type: 'Hire the Insane.' We've got a rosy future, gentlemen."

Placid Dingo

I've beenreading Freuds work on dream psychology and he discusses 'psychic infextion' which seems to be conceptually aligned with modern Memetics.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.