News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

John Henry knew

Started by BabylonHoruv, August 22, 2011, 12:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

He saw it coming.  He knew there was no place for humanity anymore.  he was one of the first to go, the diggers, the steel driving men. It was always easiest to build artificial muscles and a brain just smart enough to make those muscles go.

John Henry knew it was best to go at that point, and he beat the machine, he dug right through that mountain and left it in the dust, and if he hadn't died in doing so the next machine would have been faster and the next faster still and eventually John would just have been some guy who beat one of those old machines that was such a joke now.

No, he saw it coming alright and he knew he needed to dig so hard and fast that he wouldn't live another day after he won.  He knew he couldn't stack up against machine after machine.  He knew how hard he could work too, someone has to after working hard his entire life, and I'm sure John could feel his body giving out, knew he couldn't give anymore and still live and that's why he gave more, he knew his time had passed.

The machines of muscle are everywhere now, and men are just spare parts.  And now the brains are getting better.  Of course you can't fight the machine brain to brain the way John Henry could muscle to muscle, instead it gets inside you, makes it so you help it go faster, and it pushes you faster and faster until your brain is as burnt out as John's body.  But you don't get to die like John Henry did, it's too late for that isn't it desk jockey?  It's part of you now, you're part of it, and there's nothing to do but go, faster and faster and faster.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

PopeTom

JOHN HENRY WAS ASSASSINATED BY GEORGE W. BUSH TO APPEASE HIS CORPORATE ILLUMINATI OVERLORDS!!!!!

:retard:
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PopeTom on August 22, 2011, 01:16:24 AM
JOHN HENRY WAS ASSASSINATED BY GEORGE W. BUSH TO APPEASE HIS CORPORATE ILLUMINATI OVERLORDS!!!!!

NO NO NO THAT WAS MICHAEL JACKSON
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Phox

I enjoyed this piece. It is a very interesting interpretation of John Henry. Interesting indeed.

PopeTom

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 22, 2011, 05:08:24 AM
Quote from: PopeTom on August 22, 2011, 01:16:24 AM

NO NO NO THAT WAS MICHAEL JACKSON

GEORGE W. BUSH IS A TIME TRAVELING ASSASSIN!!!  EVENTUALLY HE WILL KILL US ALL AT THE COMMAND OF HIS EVIL OVERLORDS!!!!

:tinfoilhat:
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!