News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

It astonishes me to no end how little people up here know about hurricanes.  :horrormirth:

YOU LIVE ON THE EAST COAST. THEREFORE, YOU CAN GET A FUCKING STORM.

DO NOT BITCH TO ME ABOUT "ALL HYPE" AND THEN CRY TO ME VIA TEXT THAT YOU LOST POWER AND "DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T "THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN".

I don't care if it's a dud. FFS, people, always have flashlights and candles. Always have extra water. Always have canned food. Why? BECAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING KNOW.

Don't get all huffy with me and go, "Well, I had no idea a tropical storm can take down trees..." Um...sustained winds of 60mph can do some fucking damage, moron. Just like a Nor'easter.

Also, DON'T BUY FUCKING MILK AND BREAD. How are you going to keep that shit when your power is out for a goddamn week, shitneck? A quarter of the fucking state of RI is without power right now, National Grid said it could take up to a week to restore it, and you crying to me that your fridge is full of food and you can't get to a store for ice.

Christ. Shit like this is why storms are always a goddamn catastrophe. It's not the weather, it's the fucking ignorance.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

navkat

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 28, 2011, 11:58:19 PM
It astonishes me to no end how little people up here know about hurricanes.  :horrormirth:

YOU LIVE ON THE EAST COAST. THEREFORE, YOU CAN GET A FUCKING STORM.

DO NOT BITCH TO ME ABOUT "ALL HYPE" AND THEN CRY TO ME VIA TEXT THAT YOU LOST POWER AND "DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T "THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN".

I don't care if it's a dud. FFS, people, always have flashlights and candles. Always have extra water. Always have canned food. Why? BECAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING KNOW.

Don't get all huffy with me and go, "Well, I had no idea a tropical storm can take down trees..." Um...sustained winds of 60mph can do some fucking damage, moron. Just like a Nor'easter.

Also, DON'T BUY FUCKING MILK AND BREAD. How are you going to keep that shit when your power is out for a goddamn week, shitneck? A quarter of the fucking state of RI is without power right now, National Grid said it could take up to a week to restore it, and you crying to me that your fridge is full of food and you can't get to a store for ice.

Christ. Shit like this is why storms are always a goddamn catastrophe. It's not the weather, it's the fucking ignorance.

THANK YOU.

My brother-in-law tried to tell me "The weatherman always gets these things wrong. They always say it's gonna rain and it never does."

WHAT?

NO SERIOUSLY, WHAT? I REFUSE TO HEAR YOU.

Luna

Alas, poor Providence.

It survived an earthquake.  It survived a hurricane.

Tomorrow, it will fall.

Richter cooked.  The phrase, "I put some Weapon X in it.  How bad could it be?" was heard.

What will happen to the sewer system of the city by this time tomorrow is going to be epic.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 28, 2011, 11:58:19 PMA quarter of the fucking state of RI is without power right now, National Grid said it could take up to a week to restore it, and you crying to me that your fridge is full of food and you can't get to a store for ice.

Wait, it takes a week to restore electricity to 6 city blocks?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 29, 2011, 12:41:34 AM
Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 28, 2011, 11:58:19 PMA quarter of the fucking state of RI is without power right now, National Grid said it could take up to a week to restore it, and you crying to me that your fridge is full of food and you can't get to a store for ice.

They're union.

Any questions?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Suu

navkat

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, hide ya husband.
                                                                   /

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 29, 2011, 01:06:01 AM
In other news, I just shat blood.

Hope you have medical insurance, because that could be hella serious.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Luna on August 29, 2011, 12:45:34 AM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on August 29, 2011, 12:41:34 AM

They're union.

Any questions?

Yes, actually. Did you miss the joke or just ignore it on purpose? :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Quote from: Net (existing) on August 29, 2011, 01:37:36 AM
Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on August 29, 2011, 01:06:01 AM
In other news, I just shat blood.

Hope you have medical insurance, because that could be hella serious.

Nah. I have IBS. This is par for the course when I eat something stupidly spicy.

Suu

Dimo is here leeching on Luna's electricity to charge his computer and phone since they're down in West Warwick.

iarmit

Aww, crap. I ended up at my sister's in Coventry since some freaking
genius locked the bolt that no one has a key to on my apartment door.
Was going to head back into Arctic, but if there is no power, then forget it.

By the way, that genius was not me. Best I can figure, one of my roommates
smoked them self stupid. Glad to here everyone is (mostly) okay