News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

It seems like most of Warwick, West Warwick, Coventry and subsequent towns are out. This is nothing new, of course.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2011, 06:55:58 PM
No, since they did have one called Ivan, but on that theme:

Boudicca, Elizabeth Báthory, Aileen Wuornos or Carol M. Bundy.
:spittake: :mittens:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Back in Angband. Power is on. Computer is on. Cable is on. Thank the maker for living on the Hill.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Most of my east coast colleagues are at work--having holed up somewhere safe where the electricity's on, or otherwise the power came on last night/early this morning.

Our central offices in Princeton still haven't stated they're back at work and doing fine, however.  We're still all supposed to contact California if we have issues.

I'm not surprised, NJ was hit pretty hard yesterday.

AFK

We lost power yesterday afternoon.

It's still out.

The thing about Maine is that it is very rural, spread out.  There are still live wires down in some areas preventing tree-removal.

But work has power and so here I am. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

All of Aquidneck [aka The Original™ Rhode] Island is out. All of it. Portsmouth, Middletown, Newport, and both massive bridges to get there, so Luna is home from work today. My workplace is up and running so in I go.

Taking the tape off of my windows as we speak.

Cainad (dec.)

SBU is fine, we seemed to avoid the worst of it. First day of classes canceled anyway, because the surrounding areas do not have power.

My power is out, internetting from my phone, getting occasional charges from the noisy-ass generator. A few trees down around town, no real flooding to speak of that I've personally seen. Overall, I lucked out.

Jenne

Quote from: Cainad on August 29, 2011, 03:08:11 PM
SBU is fine, we seemed to avoid the worst of it. First day of classes canceled anyway, because the surrounding areas do not have power.

My power is out, internetting from my phone, getting occasional charges from the noisy-ass generator. A few trees down around town, no real flooding to speak of that I've personally seen. Overall, I lucked out.

Glad you're ok, dude.  Stay safe!

Luna

Quote from: Cainad on August 29, 2011, 03:08:11 PM

Good to hear from ya, Cainad.

Good thing I'm home, Hockey Jake needed to come plug in his phone.   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FFS, on the bead lady forum someone posted a link to a covered bridge in Vermont getting washed out and people are all "I'm crying - that's so tragic!" and I'm thinking IT'S A GODDAMN BRIDGE. It's not like anyone was on it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

x-post from the Bachmann thread:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/08/bachmann-irne-was-political-message-from-god/ACJ4zJCjJoqxfDK6RT4ETN/index.html

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said yesterday that Hurricane Irene was a political message from God, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians," the newspaper quoted her as telling voters during a rally in Sarasota. "We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on August 29, 2011, 05:06:37 PM
He lives.

Also, Bachmann is a tool-box.

She is the ANNOINTED OF GOD, you filthy heathen.  Vote for her, or God will knock over more of your lawn chairs.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 05:08:35 PM
Quote from: Dimocritus on August 29, 2011, 05:06:37 PM
He lives.

Also, Bachmann is a tool-box.

She is the ANNOINTED OF GOD, you filthy heathen.  Vote for her, or God will knock over more of your lawn chairs.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

It was windy.  I made a massive pot of Red Beans and Rice, and watched Season 5 of Dexter.  Then I farted.

The end.