News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

The Unlimited Atlantic Hurricane Season Fread

Started by Suu, August 23, 2011, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

I just saw the weather report and it said late afternoon tomorrow.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Suu

My model is saying 45 hours.

Either way, be careful.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BadBeast

Yeah, thanks. We've been told to expect structural damage and falling trees. The last time we had a hurricane I was living right on the coast, and a little fella called Ian was blown right through my window at 3 am. Nice bloke, he was ever so sorry. We walked down to Chesil Beach, and saw 60 foot waves breaking over the top. We had to retreat because there were pebbles the size of tennis balls in the breakers, getting flung through the air. An unforgettable night. Over a million trees blown down across the country. Dozens of people killed. I'm going to batten down the hatches and stay indoors for this one though. I'm right on top of a hill these days. So flooding should be minimal.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Suu

I just got this image of a man being blown clear through a window in some quaint English home by the sea. Somewhere in this, tea is involved.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

BadBeast

Oh, there's always Tea involved. This is England. Never more than half an hour away from a cup of tea.

Cain

High winds warnings have been issued for most of the south.

I'm not expecting any problems though, because I have no pressing engagements over the next few days, and the the only tree within 500 yards of my house, I cut down last summer.  So instead, I'm going to get drunk and put on the 24 hour news.

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on September 10, 2011, 09:43:28 PM
High winds warnings have been issued for most of the south.

I'm not expecting any problems though, because I have no pressing engagements over the next few days, and the the only tree within 500 yards of my house, I cut down last summer.  So instead, I'm going to get drunk and put on the 24 hour news.
That's pretty much my plan too.

Suu

East Coast Hustle

Looks like Maria is losing steam. Also looks like it doesn't matter, as we're making killer time heading south. We've already passed south of Cape Fear and should be at AUTEC sometime on tuesday.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

I thought Cape Fear was a made up place, just for the Movie. (The Robert Mitchum one, not the remake)

Suu

Nope, it's very real and off the coast of the Carolinas.

East Coast Hustle

Yep. It's the southernmost of the 3 major headlands on the North Carolina coast, the other two being Cape Hatteras and Cape Lookout.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BadBeast

Thanks guys, I always suspected I could still learn something new.

Suu

Katia complete dissapated yesterday. You wankers should be all set.

Cain

Lamest.  Storm.  Ever.

It rained for a little bit, from around lunch time onwards.  Not even very hard rain.