News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

PETA just moved into pure Poe's Law territory

Started by Cain, August 23, 2011, 08:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Nigel on August 24, 2011, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 24, 2011, 03:10:22 AM
:x And I thought I was shameless and self-promoting.  Hmmm.  :roll: I feel a plot coming on...  I'll see what hatches.  PETA needs to have their ethical limits tested.  :evil: 
(or at least made fun of) :lulz:

I think you should really do some research first... PETA is one of the last organizations I can think of that needs to have their ethical limits tested, because they don't seem to have any. These people steal dogs from shelters and then kill them, by the truckload. They are scum.

what?!  :eek:
for real? like, verified?
they do this regularly?

Doktor Howl

:x And I thought I was shameless and self-promoting. 

You are.  You're just not much good at it.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on August 24, 2011, 06:39:19 PM
:x And I thought I was shameless and self-promoting.  Hmmm.  :roll: I feel a plot coming on...  I'll see what hatches.  PETA needs to have their ethical limits tested.  :evil: 

I think you should really do some research first... PETA is one of the last organizations I can think of that needs to have their ethical limits tested, because they don't seem to have any. These people steal dogs from shelters and then kill them, by the truckload. They are scum.

they do this regularly?

Did you google it? Because yes.

Start here:
http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/r/109-peta-employees-face-31-felony-animal-cruelty-charges-for-killing-dumping-dogs

This was all over the news a few years ago.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2011, 06:39:41 PM

Yeah, but I think in my heart I've got the shameless bit down.

Also, as a side note

I've refrained from posting to your threads cuz I said i would, but particularly liked the stuff in Horrorology.  Would it be cool to post about nuclear fallout there? the topic seems fit to the board.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Nigel on August 24, 2011, 07:20:11 PM
:x And I thought I was shameless and self-promoting.  Hmmm.  :roll: I feel a plot coming on...  I'll see what hatches.  PETA needs to have their ethical limits tested.  :evil:  

HolyCrap!  I can't even digest this right now.. or my lunch.

they do this regularly?

Start here:

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/r/109-peta-employees-face-31-felony-animal-cruelty-charges-for-killing-dumping-dogs

I can't really digest this right now... or my lunch.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 24, 2011, 07:59:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2011, 06:39:41 PM

Yeah, but I think in my heart I've got the shameless bit down.

Also, as a side note

I've refrained from posting to your threads cuz I said i would, but particularly liked the stuff in Horrorology.  Would it be cool to post about nuclear fallout there? the topic seems fit to the board.

No.  That's a fear/loathing thing.  It has nothing to do with horror.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 24, 2011, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 24, 2011, 07:20:11 PM

HolyCrap!  I can't even digest this right now.. or my lunch.

they do this regularly?

Start here:

Is there any particular reason you quoted all that without adding any commentary to it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

QuoteIs there any particular reason you quoted all that without adding any commentary to it?
:eek:
Sorry, accident with the interface I think.  I modded it to say what I meant to.

also

QuoteNo.  That's a fear/loathing thing.  It has nothing to do with horror.

Fair enough Doktor.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 24, 2011, 08:06:59 PM
QuoteIs there any particular reason you quoted all that without adding any commentary to it?
:eek:
Sorry, accident with the interface I think.  I modded it to say what I meant to.

Ahh, gotcha.

Doktor Howl

Fair enough Doktor.

There's a thread in Horrorology that explains the difference.

Besides, who the fuck worries about nuclear fallout, these days?  Most people would WELCOME it.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2011, 08:12:41 PM

Fair enough Doktor.

There's a thread in Horrorology that explains the difference.

Besides, who the fuck worries about nuclear fallout, these days?  Most people would WELCOME it.

Yeah I read it.  It's one of the thumb tacked ones I believe.

Well, to me the horror of fallout is that there's no easy way to tell if there a radioactive element that mimics, say, calcium in a piece of fish or if there's uranium in the blood and glands of a lover or oxidized in the air.

It's also an unknown fear of the future in that even small amounts can cause mutation in a population and we recently received... um, not small amounts on a coastline.

I've got this darn soft spot for people you see. It's a life long and crippling malady..

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 24, 2011, 08:30:09 PM
Well, to me the horror of fallout is that there's no easy way to tell if there a radioactive element that mimics, say, calcium in a piece of fish or if there's uranium in the blood and glands of a lover or oxidized in the air.

So fucking what?  Your fish is already full of arsenic and mercury, which will fuck you up way faster and in worse ways than a trace amount of radiation.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

For fuck's sake, this is the 21st Century.  EVERYTHING is poisonous.  Your food, your water, your TV, your politics, your sex, EVERYTHING.

There's no sense screaming about it to people who can't do anything about it, and have FAR more pressing concerns.  Telling a man who is on fire that he has skin cancer is hardly productive, if you catch my drift.  Right now, people are worrying about whether they'll be able to eat ANYTHING in 6 months, whether they'll have a place to stay, that sort of thing.  Telling them about radiation that has already escaped and can't be cleaned up serves no immediate purpose.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2011, 08:41:12 PM
For fuck's sake, this is the 21st Century.  EVERYTHING is poisonous.  Your food, your water, your TV, your politics, your sex, EVERYTHING.

There's no sense screaming about it to people who can't do anything about it, and have FAR more pressing concerns.  Telling a man who is on fire that he has skin cancer is hardly productive, if you catch my drift.  Right now, people are worrying about whether they'll be able to eat ANYTHING in 6 months, whether they'll have a place to stay, that sort of thing.  Telling them about radiation that has already escaped and can't be cleaned up serves no immediate purpose.

THIS!!!

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2011, 08:41:12 PM

You really know how to make a point.

Point taken.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl