News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

birthday chicken leg drumsticks

Started by Triple Zero, September 01, 2011, 03:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm giving a party. Earlier this week I found a special offer on a bunch of chickenleg drumsticks that are sitting happily in my freezer right now.

I was thinking about roasting them in the oven or something, or perhaps even serving them cold, or at least prepared beforehand and then that I only have to heat them up.

It's not intended as a dinner meal, just for snacking or something, I'll also make hummus and various other things (probably salads with french bread).

I'm wondering, does anyone of you know a really good recipe for this? Since it's meant to be a snack, it would be great if they could eat it with their hands, so not covered in sauce or terribly greasy, maybe? Or maybe covered in sauce anyway and just hand the guests some paper napkins, I dunno.

A really good marinade? I have about one night and a day to let them soak (I'd have to take them from the freezer soon)

Or maybe a spice rub? Would that stick? Coat with egg and bread crumbs for crunchy coating? I don't have a deep fryer, just an oven, electric (plus optional hot air thing), it goes up to 250C (482F).

Wait a minute, I just remember I got a sort of smoking-bag filled with I dunno wood chips or stuff and you can put things in it and into the oven and it will smoke them. Would that be a good idea? (probably!) Any idea on spicing or flavourings that it would need? (garlic and chilli flakes, obviously)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm not good with recipes but I'd marinate them in a brine solution with garlic, soy sauce, and a bit of vinegar. They don't need to marinate for more than a few hours.  Then you can roast them for 30 minutes at 450, chill them, and serve them cold.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Brine! Yes! Brilliant, thanks a lot :D

Still open for more suggestions, but this sounds like a plan.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Triple Zero

btw brine solution = 1 brown beer (dubbel) + garlic + vinegar + much salt + honey + sweet soy sauce + chilli paste + toasted cumin seeds + black pepper + worcester-sauce + i dunno, other stuff.

been soaking for 2.5h now? I think I can put them in the oven, then.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Happy Birthday!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sounds good, I hope it's delicious! Happy birthday!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

IT WORKED!!

They were delicious! Didn't even need dipping sauce and everybody ate all of them even though they were at first "huh chicken drumsticks" (not quite traditional party food here, but they know I can cook very well).

And what a great party it was. With 16 people, we finished two bottles of vodka, nearly three crates of beer (24x33cl), nearly all of the hummus with one turkish pide bread and 1.5 french stick breads, an entire bowl of marshmellows and winegums, chips, nuts, two bottles of wine, broke some glasses, saw some friends I hadn't seen in years and the last guests left around 4am. YAAAAAAY Best birthday party I've had in YEARS :D decades, maybe :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds like an awesome birthday party Trip! Glad you had fun.

Jenne

A party to end all parties--sounds like it was lovely, Trip!