News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Excuse me, that's against the law.

Started by Adios, September 06, 2011, 12:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2011, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2011, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2011, 12:41:44 PM
Arizona
Cutting down a cactus may earn you a twenty-five-year prison term.

There's actually a reason for that.

What would that reason be?

Because it could kill you or someone nearby, or could be the home of a member of an endangered species, or something similar.

Adios

That was interesting. I am sure there is a reason for all of those laws and as was mentioned earlier, the back story is probably more interesting than the laws themselves.

Dysfunctional Cunt

In Missouri, Ministers of the Church must not strike parishioners with a pot that's larger than 12 inch.

In Tennessee, it is illegal to drive a car while sleeping.  

It is also illegal to drown after 10:oo pm.  

As well, in Memphis, it's illegal for a woman to drive by herself; "a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists if the vehicle is going over 5 mph".

One of my favorite Texas laws.... Criminals are required to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

A Kentucky one which should be everywhere.....  Anyone who has been drinking is sober until he "cannot hold onto the ground".

Another Kentucky favorite of mine.... It is illegal for streets to have any signs that indicate the name of that street.

Freckleback

Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2011, 05:43:17 PM
That was interesting. I am sure there is a reason for all of those laws and as was mentioned earlier, the back story is probably more interesting than the laws themselves.

http://www.dumblaws.com/

this site seems to have the reasons listed for some of the laws.

Adios

Quote from: nihilbilly on September 06, 2011, 05:50:08 PM

:lulz:

Okay Freeky, hands over your head, spread your legs!

From the above link for Arizona...

You may not have more than two dildos in a house.

Adios

Florida wins.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

Cramulus

still legal in new york though, right?  :scared:

Adios

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2011, 04:49:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2011, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2011, 12:41:44 PM
Arizona
Cutting down a cactus may earn you a twenty-five-year prison term.

There's actually a reason for that.

What would that reason be?

Cactus is most of the ground cover we have.  They take about a hundred years to grow.

And dumbshits run them over with pickup trucks for kicks.

Then the rain comes, and what little topsoil we have goes away.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2011, 05:56:08 PM

I don't actually have any.

Elder Iptuous

It is my understanding that there are quite a few more than two dildos in the AZ House of Representatives.  they must all be charged...

Freckleback

Quote from: Iptuous on September 06, 2011, 07:58:58 PM

It is my understanding that there are quite a few more than two dildos in the AZ House of Representatives.  they must all be charged...

Suu

Last I checked, it was still illegal in Florida to take a bath or shower without wearing a bathing suit.

Up until I think 5 years ago, any citizen of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts could shoot someone crossing the border from Rhode Island on sight.  :horrormirth: I think someone actually tried to pull this off, and that's why it was finally taken out of the MA law books. Parts of RI used to be a penal colony in the colonial times, and most of the people that the Puritans didn't want got shipped to Providence for that dastardly religious freedom.

Even better, the border between RI and CT has been hotly contested since the late 1700s. Sometime in the 1800s, the feds stepped in and said, "You's guise have until 1870whatever to settle on this shit, or you're becoming part of New Hampshire." Not wanting to become fuckhead Libertarian Freestaters, CT and RI went, "I'LL BE GOOD!" and shut up for a while...up until 3 years ago.

...Then the law resurfaced.

-Suu
Obviously, is still paying taxes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Quote from: Suu on September 06, 2011, 08:29:18 PM
Even better, the border between RI and CT has been hotly contested since the late 1700s.

ah yes, the CT/RI border war.

many of my close friends have perished in that awful conflict.