News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Well, there's one race that may be happening I actually care about.

Started by LMNO, September 07, 2011, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/08/12/_2012_massachusetts_senate_elizabeth_warren_hints_at_scott_brown.html

Elizabeth Warren may be running against Scott Brown in the Senate.  I can't see much I don't like about her, except (of course) being a politician in the first place.

It could be a lot of fun seeing her kick Wall Street in the balls, repeatedly.

Cramulus

fuck yeah! Elizabeth Warren kicks ass. Somebody remind me why Obama didn't put her in charge of the  Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which was her idea to begin with?

deadfong

As I recall, because the Republicans in Congress basically stated they'd never allow her confirmation.

Although I think also there was more than a little pressure against her from both banking/Wall Street lobbyists and all the former Goldman Sachs people who make up Obama's economic advisers.

East Coast Hustle

It tickles me that you guys think she won't be utterly corrupted by the office. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Hopeless optimist, that's me.

LMNO
-or just pretty much hopeless.  Time will tell.

AFK

I predict that given this stiff competition we'll see Brown try to do a subtle tilt to the left. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

I predict that Lloyd Blankfein is currently writing a very large cheque for Brown, and that Brown will have no problems with funding his campaign.

Cramulus

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 08, 2011, 01:58:35 AM
It tickles me that you guys think she won't be utterly corrupted by the office. :lulz:

You could probably post a similar cynical dismissive note in every thread in Aneristic Delusions and you'd probably be right. But "she might get totally corrupted one day" isn't exactly an argument against her.

Elizabeth Warren is one of the whistleblowers who's been raising awareness of the financial bloc's corruption and systemic dysfunction. Every time I've heard her speak I've said to myself, holy shit, I'm glad SOMEBODY in Washington isn't afraid to screech about the emperor's new clothes.

I am not waiting for the purehearted uncorruptable messiah to walk barefoot through the crowd and save all of us. (That spag couldn't get elected if he tried.)

East Coast Hustle

Don't get me wrong, I'd like that as much as you would.

I just feel like things have devolved to the point that my cynicism isn't even cynicism anymore, it's just resignation towards the inevitable.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 08, 2011, 10:03:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd like that as much as you would.

I just feel like things have devolved to the point that my cynicism isn't even cynicism anymore, it's just resignation towards the inevitable.

I think you and I, our most bitterly pessimistic predictions will turn out to be idiotically optimistic.
Molon Lube

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Faust

Every so often I want to go back and collect all the posts praising obama when he was running and quote them in one big post.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Faust on September 21, 2011, 01:38:12 PM

Every so often I want to go back and collect all the posts praising obama when he was running and quote them in one big post.

:lulz:

wasn't it you who posted something along the lines of the best thing to come out of the Obama presidency is the crushing of the belief by democrats that their team is really any different?  I can't remember it exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was you.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Triple Zero

Might have been me, that said that. Or I'm just remembering myself vigorously agreeing with that statement.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.