News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Greetings from a n00b!

Started by Medford Shmoo, September 11, 2011, 05:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Murmur on September 12, 2011, 02:41:05 AM
I happen to live in the PDX area, but Methford is pretty well known for... well... yeah. What the name says.

Another PDX spag?

When I get home I'll try to "organize" another get-together at The Alley or The Slingshot or someplace else that's appropriately divey.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, I'll try to actually show up. I'm running about 50-50 on that so far and I'm pretty sure the next time I flake out Nigel is gonna find where I live and start leaving pieces of dead hipsters on my front step. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 12, 2011, 05:02:59 AM
If this is your first forum, how do you know that "n00b" is the proper spelling of the slur for new people? :?

Because you're getting old, is what I'm guessing ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 12, 2011, 07:42:35 AM
If this is your first forum, how do you know that "n00b" is the proper spelling of the slur for new people? :?

Because you're getting old, is what I'm guessing ;-)

Not as old as you, Belgian-man! :argh!:

Triple Zero

BELGIAN-MAN! TO THE BELGIAN-MOBILE, LET'S GO!!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Medford Shmoo

Noob is a pretty common word around the internet. It's pretty difficult to avoid hearing... er, reading. I was just trying to make it clear how ignorant of forum etiquette I am. In retrospect using '0''s instead of 'o''s was a bit much.

Also, nice to internet meet you! :) 
Fear of death is the beginning of slavery.

Medford Shmoo

Also thanks for the links Triple Zero. I'm reading them now.

The Medford Shmoos were a bunch of aliens claimed to have been seen in presumably one of the two Medfords you're talking about. They got called that because they sort of resembled the shmoos from the Lil' Abner comics.

To be clear- I am not from there.
Fear of death is the beginning of slavery.

Telarus

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 12, 2011, 05:24:02 AM
I happen to live in the PDX area, but Methford is pretty well known for... well... yeah. What the name says.

Another PDX spag?

When I get home I'll try to "organize" another get-together at The Alley or The Slingshot or someplace else that's appropriately divey.

Yeah, hopefully I can make it this time!

Also, yay! New PDX spag.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Murmur

Quote from: Telarus on September 12, 2011, 03:19:36 PM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 12, 2011, 05:24:02 AM

Another PDX spag?

Yeah, hopefully I can make it this time!

Also, yay! New PDX spag.

Sweet... I actually live in Beaverton, but I'm sure we can work something out!
:lulz: :lulz:
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

East Coast Hustle

OK, but we've gotta do it soon before we finish the immigration fence that will run along the crest of the westside hills.

We're sorry that you'll be caught on the wrong side, but at least we won't have to tolerate any more frat boys in Chinatown on weekends.