News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

I'm not sure if I should be happy for this or not

Started by Lenin McCarthy, September 11, 2011, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

, but this year's local and regional elections here in Norway seem to be all about elderly care.

Exciting.

At least this is more proof that Norway is a relatively safe and stable country where most people are doing fine, and where I most likely will find a steady job after I finish my studies, even if I choose to study Sociology, Music History or anything else that anti-intellectuals like to call useless. I like that.

On the other hand, I am disappointed (but not surprised) that Norwegian politics has been reduced to throwing money after the interest groups who shout the loudest, while groups who are unable to vote (kids, most drug addicts, illegal immigrants) are largely ignored.

My conclusion: Norway is rich, but dull.

Placid Dingo

It's a lot better in Austalia, where we argue whether boat people are scary, or whether they're terrifying.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cain

Don't worry, I'm sure your military or intelligence services are secretly torturing someone, somewhere, for the kind of "intelligence" one could get from a Tashkent taxi driver for free.

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 11, 2011, 03:16:28 PM
It's a lot better in Austalia, where we argue whether boat people are scary, or whether they're terrifying.

The political climate here was heading in that direction before July 22, and I'm pretty sure that'll resume in a couple of months. We're returning gay asylum seekers to countries where they risk being executed because "they can hide their sexuality".

Cain

Hah, we did that as well.  Right down to the same excuse.