News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

No really, fuck you.

Started by Kai, September 12, 2011, 01:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

And your goddamn humans. Fuck you all. Just fuck and die, you scum, you worthless excuses for biological meatbags. I've had it up to here with your goddamn grunting and shit flinging joined to that high and mighty additude as you all sniff deep from your own asses. Today was the last straw, with all your goddamn NINELEVENEVERFORGETFLYFLAG. Just kill each other off like you want to, because I know you all want to in your violent empty piss for brains. Because when 4 rogue actors kill three thousand people, why the hell NOT kill 80,000 unrelated people. I mean, it's only RIGHT, "A murder for an eye" and all that. And what did Jesus say? He said, if someone strikes you in the right cheek, torture a family to death and burn down their village. Any old village will do. Because violence is solved by more violence, just like two wrongs make a right.

Well I've had it up to here.

FUCK OFF AND DIE FUCK OFF AND DIE FUCK OFF AND DIE

(to infinity)

Because you made this happen. All of you shitstain pustules. And you deserve worse, with all of your petty rationalizations and moralizing. Which frankly sounds like shit frothing out a sewer, and smells just as sweet.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

:banana:

Nice rant, Kai. I'm feeling it.

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on September 12, 2011, 01:27:46 AM
And what did Jesus say? He said, if someone strikes you in the right cheek, torture a family to death and burn down their village.

This was particularly awesome. I nominate it to the newsfeed.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Dimocritus

If anything is worth the anger, it's certainly this.

I hear you.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Murmur

Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Kai

Quote from: Dimocritus on September 12, 2011, 02:22:43 AM
If anything is worth the anger, it's certainly this.

I hear you.

I'm getting tired of my implicit guilt in all this idiocy. It's wearing on me. And I'm tired of all the other guilty parties rationalizing and moralizing that guilt away, so they get left with a shit stained feeling of ass sniffing superiority while I feel like, well, shit. Obviously I have no responsibility for the international happenings before I reached adulthood, but now that I am, and have been for the past 7 years, I am implicit in this because, despite me knowing how fucking WRONG it is to slaughter people outside of self defense (and this isn't just from moral doctrine; that disgust is biologically ingrained and part of being human and not a sociopath), I haven't attempted to stop it. I haven't marched on Washington, I haven't imolized myself in gasoline, I haven't made myself a public nuisance harrassing government and corporations at all levels. Which is bad, but at least I feel guilty about it, and know it's wrong for me to stand idle while murder is going on in my name. The moralizers and rationalizers don't feel any guilt at all, or if they do, they drown it with inconsequential things.

For example, it's one thing to say, I'm not going to eat any of the big tunas anymore so when they go extinct I'll feel sad but less guilty; by not eating them, I have literally ceased all my impact on their populations, despite knowing it will mean nothing. It's another thing to fool myself thinking that recycling and walking means anything in the "quest" to  /SAVE/ the polar bears from extinction, and feel smug in my superiority. Those are just some of the stupid examples I witnessed during dinner this evening, and what set off this rant. They make me want to choke a bitch.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

I felt like sharing what I posted on your facebook:

Cain

Kai:

Do you honestly think marching on Washington or setting yourself on fire would have achieved those goals, though? As I recall, there was a massive march on Washington, and it was almost uniformly ignored by the press, these being the days before they had decided The War Is Bad.  And I'm fairly sure I remember an antiwar protestor a couple of years back setting himself on fire.  It didn't even make national press, I found it via links to local newspapers.

Lets not forget: the people who decided on the Iraq War have specific names.  Dick Cheney, for example, or Doug Feith.  Once a President is in, they have massive leverage over everyone else.  The press naturally inclines towards power, and only attacks when they sense profitable weakness that they can work into a narrative.  Anonymous leaks can really ramp up the atmosphere of uncertainty and fear.  Congress was compliant, backed by an ugly nationalistic fervour whipped up by the same press too weak to challenge a popular President with a vindictive and experienced cabinet to back him up. 

The only way the Iraq War wouldn't have happened would've been if Al Gore had won the election.  The Afghanistan conflict was a foregone conclusion, from the very start of the Al-Qaeda operation, but it might've been more focused and more successful without the Iraq distraction (large amounts of blood can be very distracting).  Apart from that, the only way to have stopped the war would've been to put a bullet in the head of every politician who was convinced it was a good idea, and every ideological hack willing to shill for it. 

So, unless you have a sniper rifle and some mad skillz, or 10,000 votes for Al Gore in Florida hidden in some University basement, unfortunately any action you could've undertaken wouldn't have made much of a difference.  The culpability lies with those who chose to make the decision, with a good dose of culpability by association for those who shilled for it (I'm thinking not just of the conservative propagandists here, but the liberal blogger types who also decided to shill for the war because it helped their employment prospects within the US political media).  Everyone else gets a pass.

Cain

I'd also like to point out, in support of the above, Dick Cheney's response to being told polls indicated a majority of Americans had turned against the Iraq War:

"So what?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 12, 2011, 04:55:17 PM
Everyone else gets a pass.

I have to disagree.  ~ 82% of the American public positively bayed for the war in Iraq, which is somewhere around 20% more than the amount of people who believed the lies told to justify the war.

Also, who is responsible for a corrupt republic?  

Molon Lube

Cain

And if they hadn't?  The American public's input on the Iraq War was minimal: if they'd been against it, it would've happened anyway (polls in March showed massive American opposition to pretty much everything except sanctions against Libya, for example, yet there was an intervention).  Iraq was going to happen, regardless of what people wanted or didn't want: they're as relevant as a crowd at a football game, they can cheer on or boo one side or another, and get involved in the post-match dustup, but they're not going to affect anything that actually happens on the pitch.

And how did it get corrupted?  Well, the Cold War can take most of the blame for that.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2011, 05:04:07 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 12, 2011, 04:55:17 PM
Everyone else gets a pass.

I have to disagree.  ~ 82% of the American public positively bayed for the war in Iraq, which is somewhere around 20% more than the amount of people who believed the lies told to justify the war.

Also, who is responsible for a corrupt republic? 

I might take issue with the assertion that the USA is still a republic in anything more than name.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

To respond to both posts, if we the people didn't like it, we wouldn't pay for it.

Republics take too much thinking.  It's easier to let oligarchs tell us what to think.
Molon Lube

Cain

Agreed, ECH.  The US is more a plutonomic corporatist state* than a representative democracy.

The top 1% hold the majority of political power.  The role of government, usually made up of or paid for by them, is to balance relations between different interest groups, of which the voting public is but one.  This is the true, actual meaning of corporatism, as opposed to the retarded liberal interpretation of it meaning "rule by corporations".  Other interest groups do involve corporations, but also investment banks, hedge funds, the media, the military and really any other large power centre within the modern state and society.

The public has numbers, but little else.  And with a long term decline in US educational standards, it is an easily misled and fooled interest group.  And lots of those other interest groups, the military, intelligence services, banks, big oil, religious groups etc stood to gain from such a conflict, and actively lobbied for it based on those narrow interests.

*(Most other western states are also corporatist.  Not perhaps so overtly plutonomic, with the exceptions of the UK, France and Germany, but just as corporatist).

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2011, 05:25:49 PM
To respond to both posts, if we the people didn't like it, we wouldn't pay for it.

Republics take too much thinking.  It's easier to let oligarchs tell us what to think.

That doesn't match with the evidence I have to hand.

There is a consistent pattern of US public opinion being ignored in cases where it goes against what government wants to do, and government getting its own way.  Most Americans are in favour of single-payer healthcare.  Most American oppose cuts to Medicare or Medicaid, I forget which (and maybe even both) and to Social Security.  Most Americans favour tax rises on the top earners.

In those cases, as in Libya, the US government's chosen response has won out over the express preferences of the public.  Why?  Because the US is not a democracy, and democratic expressions are only allowed within carefully controlled circumstances, namely the keeping or changing of one faction of the elite for another (which can accurately be seen as a release-valve for pressure built-up due to political incompetence).  Once that process is over, the public is purposefully shut out of discussions, especially those involving financial policy and foreign policy.   The system has been structured in such a way that only interest groups and bureaucratic interests get a real say.

American voters are not entirely powerless, but mostly functionally irrelevant.  There are rare occasions where public opinion can and does overcome government preferences, but they are in very unusual and rare circumstances, which frequently involve some kind of elite defection from government policy.

It also needs to be remembered that much of "government" lies outside of voter control, anyway.  Booz Allen, for example, are a "private" intelligence firm - who subsist almost entirely off of government contracts.  Yet they do not have to put up with democratic accountability, because they are a "private" firm.  Same for Blackwater.  Same for many of the financial services companies such as Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch.  A large amount of government exists outside of any sort of democratic oversight whatsoever.