News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Discordianism is one sentence!

Started by MMMW, September 12, 2011, 10:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slurrealist on December 28, 2011, 07:38:10 PM
Discordianism seeks out the convenient bits from  every faith to create a religion that is uniquely American -expensive, promiscuous, and entirely meaningless.
Insufficiently American.

You would have to include fat, entitled, arrogant, self-righteous, and riddled with heart disease.

ETA:  Also, likely to attack Iran for reasons that don't make any more sense than the 2003 Iraq invasion made.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Slurrealist

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2011, 09:44:06 PM
Discordianism seeks out the convenient bits from  every faith to create a religion that is uniquely American -expensive, promiscuous, and entirely meaningless.
Insufficiently American.

You would have to include fat, entitled, arrogant, self-righteous, and riddled with heart disease.

ETA:  Also, likely to attack Iran for reasons that don't make any more sense than the 2003 Iraq invasion made.

:lulz:

"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Insufficiently American.

OCEANIA HAS ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EASTASIA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 01, 2012, 07:55:35 PM
Insufficiently American.

OCEANA HAS NEVER BEEN AT WAR WITH IRAQ.

OCEANA HAS ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH IRAN.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Slurrealist

Discordianism: a huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the Ultraworld.
"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2012, 04:28:20 PM
Insufficiently American.

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 03, 2012, 09:52:52 PM
Insufficiently American.

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY.

This isn't actually funny.   :horrormirth:

BadBeast

The Optimist looks at the glass, and says "It's half full". The Pessimist looks at the same glass, and says "It's half empty". The Discordian picks up the glass, drains it, then informs you it's your round.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

navkat

Another round of onion fetishists. Great. Where'd I put that gas mask again?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2012, 10:57:04 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 03, 2012, 09:52:52 PM
Insufficiently American.

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY.

This isn't actually funny.   :horrormirth:

Nope. It sure isn't!

Cramulus

The "About the Author" blurb in Zen Without Zen Masters describes the Discordian society like this:

The Discordian Society was a San Francisco-based dadaist, aesthetic-theological soceity whose stock in trade was esoteric satire.

LMNO

"That which is not Chaos, is Illusion.  Which is also Chaos."

Just sort of popped into my head this morning. 

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 11, 2012, 01:07:32 PM
"That which is not Chaos, is Illusion.  Which is also Chaos."

Just sort of popped into my head this morning. 

Dig it.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Triple Zero

Quote from: BadBeast on January 19, 2012, 12:13:08 AM
The Optimist looks at the glass, and says "It's half full". The Pessimist looks at the same glass, and says "It's half empty". The Discordian picks up the glass, drains it, then informs you it's your round.

The Optimist looks at the glass, and says "It's half full".

The Pessimist looks at the same glass, and says "It's half empty".

The Discordian grabs a barstool and smashes both their heads in, "Whoops! Wrong parable."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 10:14:18 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on January 19, 2012, 12:13:08 AM

The Optimist looks at the glass, and says "It's half full".

The Pessimist looks at the same glass, and says "It's half empty".

The Discordian grabs a barstool and smashes both their heads in, "Whoops! Wrong parable."

Permission to repost, Trip?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!