News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Search for the Third Rail

Started by LMNO, September 14, 2011, 05:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Tearing the cobwebs from his mind and body, Jim struggled to his feet, and staggered out the front door into—

Blast like a furnace, but light not heat.  A silence descended.  His bare feet scraped the pavement as he took another step forward, and another step, and he was grabbed—

Concerned faces peering at him, concern turns to suspicion turns to fear turns to anger turns to Jim, who recoils from the savage emotions hurled at him feels the pressure—

Pushed into the street, turns and runs back into the house, where the noise of the TV strokes his mind like a mother quieting a baby,  he shakes it off, looking for a third way, looking for—

Somewhere between the Spider and the Monkey, between sleep and fear, between giving up and joining in, a somewhere that must exist, has to exist, because Jim can't be the only one out there, right?

Right? 

Doktor Howl

Jim found his center, after a while.  A place where wiseguys and sages all came together, and tried their best not to be monkeys or drugged out zombies.

He's still standing there with them, as they all silently wait for one of the others to say something.

The Spider, it seems, never loses.
Molon Lube

LMNO

HIT F5!  HIT F5!

brb, gotta go to a meeting.  see you in an hour.  I'm staying logged in   :p

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 05:59:01 PM
HIT F5!  HIT F5!

brb, gotta go to a meeting.  see you in an hour.  I'm staying logged in   :p

I'm not.
Molon Lube

LMNO