News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Dok Reaches The End of the Road, Without YOU.

Started by Doktor Howl, September 14, 2011, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 08:14:15 PM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on September 14, 2011, 08:10:46 PM
Sorry to end up providing an example. A little difficult to write something in depth from a phone. Something that would probably be good for me is to figure out how to more effectively post from work. I wont use the computers there while working so i'm fairly limited there. I dont have a cubicle just a table with a computer on it. What do you think lmno - try and avoid posting on my phone? I suppose i could try and work five to one and wait til i get home...

No, you don't have to write paragraphs of text to keep a thread going.  You can be provocative, ask a question -- hell, if you can write a haiku that addresses the situation, that still works.

Or, depending on how smart your phone is, write text on your work comp, mail it to your phone, then copy the email and paste here.  Ok, that takes some effort, but it's how I've been able to look at and post all the pics you fuckers post.

Hell, I thought you were referring to me.  :lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 07:52:06 PM
It's harder than it sounds, to be honest.  Kind of like holding up both ends of the conversation.  But it's also one of the simpler ways to go about it, even if you run the risk of repetition.

But it also get you thinking about the topic a bit more deeply, and you have to spell out your thoughts, rather than IAWTC.

Can anyone think of any other relatively simple ways or tricks to expand the amount of conversation/content?

So far, I've got:

-Post at least one bit of content a day.

-Try to ask a question in each resposne.

Add to the list as you see fit, people.

I suppose one way of posting more in-depth would be to expand ideas that you get as you read.  

Another thing might be for people who can do it (I know that not everyone can, posting from their phone and all) to keep Notepad or Word open, and write down stuff that appears in your brain matter as it comes, rather than wait for coming to the end of a thread, and then keep going until then end, and then cut and paste what is still relevant or something that didn't get addressed to your satisfaction.

I find that a lot of times that's what kills any response I might have been able to give, is the fact that what I want to respond to is pages and pages ago.  

LMNO

Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2011, 08:14:52 PM
Sorry to end up providing an example. A little difficult to write something in depth from a phone. Something that would probably be good for me is to figure out how to more effectively post from work. I wont use the computers there while working so i'm fairly limited there. I dont have a cubicle just a table with a computer on it. What do you think lmno - try and avoid posting on my phone? I suppose i could try and work five to one and wait til i get home...

No, you don't have to write paragraphs of text to keep a thread going.  You can be provocative, ask a question -- hell, if you can write a haiku that addresses the situation, that still works.

Or, depending on how smart your phone is, write text on your work comp, mail it to your phone, then copy the email and paste here.  Ok, that takes some effort, but it's how I've been able to look at and post all the pics you fuckers post.

Maybe I was.... What're you gonna do about it, pardner?

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 14, 2011, 08:19:57 PM

Shoot 2 big gay cowboys. So there.

Doktor Howl

Land a 4 mile long spaceship on your fucking DOG, that's what.  He's a bad person, an intergalactic train robber, and he has SURVIVED FOR MONTHS WITHOUT AN ASS.  Can YOU do that?  Fuck no.  You'd just flip inside out, and there'd be LMNO bits all over the fucking concrete.

Pancho = Starship.

You = Inside out.

FLAWLESS FUCKING VICTORY
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

My phone is not very smart. However i di like freekys idea. Perhaps what i could also do is that and paste when i get homw. Theres a delay on it but sometimes it doesnt hurt revisiting an old point.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 08:23:19 PM

Land a 4 mile long spaceship on your fucking DOG, that's what.  He's a bad person, an intergalactic train robber, and he has SURVIVED FOR MONTHS WITHOUT AN ASS.  Can YOU do that?  Fuck no.  You'd just flip inside out, and there'd be LMNO bits all over the fucking concrete.

Pancho = Starship.

You = Inside out.

FLAWLESS FUCKING VICTORY

Gonna empty the solid waste recepticle in his living room while I'm at it. ALIEN POOP!

LMNO

Adios

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Phox

Hmmm. it seems like we've all been getting lazy lately.  After all, it's not like we don't have time to post something, else we wouldn't be here day in and day out.

I wonder if the problem is that we've all gotten complacent? I mean, like Dok said, it's as if we're all sitting around waiting for someone to say something interesting.

I, for one, am going to force myself to do something evne if it is total crap. Least it's something.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Phox on September 14, 2011, 08:37:43 PM
Hmmm. it seems like we've all been getting lazy lately.  After all, it's not like we don't have time to post something, else we wouldn't be here day in and day out.

I wonder if the problem is that we've all gotten complacent? I mean, like Dok said, it's as if we're all sitting around waiting for someone to say something interesting.

I, for one, am going to force myself to do something evne if it is total crap. Least it's something.

RANT TIL YOUR GUTS BLEED.
Molon Lube

Adios

Half the time I sit here with drool running down my chin staring blankly into space, completely immobile from my hair down.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2011, 08:41:10 PM

Half the time I sit here with drool running down my chin staring blankly into space, completely immobile from my hair down.

At risk to my own sanity and that of others, I gotta ask:  What the hell is your hair doing?
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 14, 2011, 08:42:13 PM
Quote from: Hawk on September 14, 2011, 08:41:10 PM

At risk to my own sanity and that of others, I gotta ask:  What the hell is your hair doing?

Tendrils sneak downward towards the keyboard when they leave my numb ass and type things to post here that eventually come back to haunt me. Sometimes it does the firestarter thing, but so far only tiny wisps of smoke are all they can generate.

I am not sure, but I think it accidentally one of the cats too.