News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Suicide nets and robotic slave drivers?

Started by Oysters Rockefeller, February 20, 2012, 04:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 01:54:46 AM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on February 21, 2012, 01:53:18 AM
I have a hard time seeing "deadly but preventable explosions on a regular basis."  Maybe it's because I think in terms of movie-style explosions, but anything at least the size of a grenade should seriously snarl production for a while.  Meaning that preventative measures would be cost effective and therefore put into place.

Most industrial explosions are very small affairs.  Just enough to propel shiny little jagged pieces of metal through people.

That makes more sense.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Oysters Rockefeller

ETA: WRT the "suicide nets", it's better than the alternative, isn't it?

Oh, by far. It isn't that suicide nets are bad, as much as it is extremely weird that they have to be a THING at all. I suppose one could argue that putting up suicide nets, as opposed to not putting up other measures, sends a sort of dehumanizing message. Of course, I don't know what other measures they may or may not have used.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on February 21, 2012, 02:43:59 AM
ETA: WRT the "suicide nets", it's better than the alternative, isn't it?

Oh, by far. It isn't that suicide nets are bad, as much as it is extremely weird that they have to be a THING at all. I suppose one could argue that putting up suicide nets, as opposed to not putting up other measures, sends a sort of dehumanizing message. Of course, I don't know what other measures they may or may not have used.

They have to hold down janitorial costs, you see.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.