Main Menu

Forms of Discordian Belief

Started by Cramulus, September 15, 2011, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 15, 2011, 10:47:32 PM
This thread is amazing.

Nondenominational Discordianism: Box next to the word "Other"

Discospagism: Only in it for the asshatery.

YOIKED!!!!!!

Don Coyote

Telarus

Quote from: Donald Coyote on September 18, 2011, 09:49:44 PM
DIS FREAD IS

DISCODILDOSISM  :fap:

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH.... we don't talk about Empress Nigel's Dildos of Destruction.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Epimetheus

And of course,

Really Real Discordianism: The details of this obnoxious faith are unknown to outsiders, but it is clear that for every Discordian there is at least one of these to tell them they're wrong.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Raelli Rael Discordianism: This elite group of scientists know the truth about all of life's origins: extraterrestrials. Raelli Rael Discordians want you to know that not only do they look down on you for being against human cloning but so do the Elohim, from their shiny, silent spaceships.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Faust

Rlyeh real discordians: Not only are life's origins extraterrestrial but extradimensional and terrifying. One day the sleeping old ones will rise and the world of man shall come to an end, devoured in the fires of great cthulhu, MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES, DAMN YOU BELIEVE ME, WE ARE INVADED .... Bzt..... (unintelligible)....
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Baptist Discordianism - Long, boring sermons followed by potluck supper.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Discordian absolutism:  Everything is Discordia, even those things that are not; all mortals must die with "Hail Eris" on their lips

Discordian agapism:  Everyone loves Discordia, all love children are named Eris

Discordian authotheism:  The belief that Discordia makes people Godlike or Eris incarnate

Discordian capitalism:  you can privately own enough chaos to make an economy work; aka The Koch Brothers Doctrine

Discordian bullionism:  belief that golden apples are the way solve all economic evils

Discordian experientialism:  believing that the experiencing Discord brings you the knowledge you are well and truly fucked

Discordian hedonism:  belief that pleasure in chaos is the highest good; i.e. The Joker Doctrine

Discordiain ignorantism:  doctrine that ignorance of Discord is not only no excuse but also highly likely

Discordian naturalism:  belief that the world can be explained through chaotic forces; i.e. Daddy tell me a bedtime story about Eris

Cramulus

loving these

Some of these sound like they may actually be worth dissecting and discussing in depth.. is that weird or what?  :lulz:

kingyak

Discordian Eroticism: Eris exists, and I want to do her.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

AFK

Discordian Elitism- Mired in Cartesian Duality
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the last yatto

Discordian Traveller-  a traditionally nomadic people of ethnic Irish origin, who maintain a separate language and set of rules. Rumors have them around  Jonesboro, Arkansas in a mobile home park.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

you're talking about pope oldboy floats, right?  :lol:

the last yatto

Quote from: Cramulus on September 20, 2011, 09:05:40 PM
you're talking about pope oldboy floats, right?  :lol:

hes on okcupid if you ever get bored
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit