News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

George Lucas is demented.

Started by AFK, September 16, 2011, 08:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44491069/ns/today-entertainment/

QuoteOh Nooooo! Vader's 'Jedi' yell
Remember at the end of "Revenge of the Sith," when we finally see the completion of Anakin Skywalker's turn to the Dark Side, and he becomes Darth Vader? Then you probably recall how that incredible scene, something "Star Wars" fans had been waiting to see for years, was undercut by Vader's instantly infamous "NOOOOOOOO!"

Guess what Lucas decided to add to the climactic moment in "Jedi" when Vader saves Luke from the Emperor? Uh-huh. The Sith Lord now also says 'NOOOOOO!' before he gives Palpatine the shaft and tosses him over the rail.

The Internet nearly cracked in half when news of this change leaked. Either Lucas likes the continuity of having Vader bellow the same silly thing in the end film of both trilogies, or he just wanted to get under the skin of the segment of the fan base annoyed with all his tweaks. Mission accomplished, George.

:argh!:

Eh, doesn't matter I suppose.  I don't have Blu-Ray, AND this package has the 1997 version of IV-VI, not the original theatrical versions.  So I'm not wasting my money on this shit anyway. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Juana

He's from, like, Modesto. There's something about being a native of the Central Valley that makes people crazy.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Lucas is a supercunt motherfucker. He makes me shit eyeballs out of both my dicks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 16, 2011, 09:33:57 PM
He's from, like, Modesto. There's something about being a native of the Central Valley that makes people crazy.

Ha.  I didn't know that...somehow.  Should've.

Damn.  Explains A LOT.  I mean...A LOT.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on September 17, 2011, 03:18:58 AM
Lucas is a supercunt motherfucker. He makes me shit eyeballs out of both my dicks.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 17, 2011, 04:06:08 AM
Quote from: Nigel on September 17, 2011, 03:18:58 AM

Ha.  I didn't know that...somehow.  Should've.

Damn.  Explains A LOT.  I mean...A LOT.

Trip.  Be a good boy or I'll come over there and whoop you.

ETA:  nm.  I now C wut u did thar.

I'm slow.  And old.

Triple Zero

Okay but your reply was much funnier in reply to Nigel!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

I work with what I got on hand, man.  Be reasonable.

Cain

There is a reason why producers and directors have different job roles.

George Lucas is a good reminder of why this is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2011, 08:48:44 AM
There is a reason why producers and directors have different job roles.

George Lucas is a good reminder of why this is.

And writers.

Lucas: FABULOUS Producer, okay director, fucking awful writer. Minus the first, add Rick McCallum, and you get Jar Jar Binks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Luna

Ah, but you see, if there is a new version, the geeks will buy it...

What Lucas IS good at is marketing.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."