News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Losing With Grace and Dignity

Started by Luna, September 15, 2011, 11:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

They tell me that the sign of a great person is the ability to lose with grace and dignity.  I've been thinking about that a lot, lately, and trying to work my way past the hurt, and the pain, and the rage.

Well, the game is over.  I didn't think of it as a game, I never did...  I never thought there'd be a "winner" and a "loser" in this.  I meant it when I said "forever," and you didn't.

Fine.

Maybe you meant it, but, in my world, "forever" doesn't mean "until some slut comes along and waves her tits in my face."  But, hey, if that's what you wanted, well, then, that's what you've got, now.

You've got a girl who would cheat on her man to grab somebody with a bigger paycheck.  And she's got a man who'd cheat on his wife.  And me, I got left with nothing.

You know what?

After due consideration, I don't think I need to lose with grace and dignity... because I didn't lose anything worth losing, after all.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Murmur

Very eloquently put, Luna. You deserve the best, anyway.

:)
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Precious Moments Zalgo

It sounds to me like you got the best end of this deal.  He's going to end up miserable.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Luna

Thanks, I do, and he will.  And I don't have to do a fucking thing to ensure it.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, you definitely came out the winner in this one, no matter how much it hurt to get there.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

I came to the realization that I miss my dog more than I miss him.

Jenne

Then you definitely win.  I was talking to my brother today on gmail chat about his divorce.  He is coming to realize climbing inside a vodka bottle when he's at a loose end is not the way to go.  Thank GAWD.  I told him You know, your kids need you, and you need to hang on to what's good about your life BEYOND her.  You need to find a way to survive POST-HER.

But he has to, in the end, do this himself.  No amount of urging from me is going to solve that.  Bully for you, Luna, that your self-realization is so very healthy at this level.  It's a tough fucking road to hoe, this "I can survive the fuckedtardedness they've handed me on a silverfuckingplatter" shit.

Luna

It still hurts, don't get me wrong...  And seeing him with her is twisting the knife in all sorts of unpleasant ways.  (This is brought to mind by an upcoming SCA event next weekend that they'll likely attend.)

Some of that, though...  That's wounded pride.

I'll get over it.