News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

The Importance of Being Earnest II

Started by Payne, September 19, 2011, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on September 20, 2011, 06:02:49 PM
Yeah, their the lethal tendencies of the particular group of people I mentioned in the OP really are more "I would die for the whales!" rather than directly trying to harm others.

Are they at least getting laid from this attitude?
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2011, 06:04:26 PM
Yeah, their the lethal tendencies of the particular group of people I mentioned in the OP really are more "I would die for the whales!" rather than directly trying to harm others.

I think they mostly sleep with the fishes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on September 20, 2011, 06:13:11 PM

Icthyphiles?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2011, 06:15:56 PM

Icthyphiles?

You can get a cream for that, these days.

Or a pill. There's a pill for everything.

Quote from: Nigel on September 20, 2011, 06:18:33 PM

You are sick in the HEAD.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Payne on September 20, 2011, 06:20:45 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2011, 06:15:56 PM

Icthyphiles?

You can get a cream for that, these days.

Or a pill. There's a pill for everything.

Quote from: Nigel on September 20, 2011, 06:18:33 PM

You are sick in the HEAD.

:)

Doktor Howl

I am now going to troll Capitol Grilling about how a bunch of people here are queer for fish.  If that doesn't bring a few over, nothing will.
Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2011, 06:23:14 PM
I am now going to troll Capitol Grilling about how a bunch of people here are queer for fish.  If that doesn't bring a few over, nothing will.
:lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

YES!!

Salty

Aren't there more pressing ecological matters than individual whales when it comes to ocean ecology?
The guy even says something the effect of "Oceans die, people die. Simple. Yet people don't get it."

Um yeah. And if a whale gets killed is that going to destroy the ocean? Isn't plankton sort of more critical in that regard? Aren't there giant ocean deserts that are spreading more every year that threaten the very root of ocean ecology that will eventually kill ALL the whales and well as everything else?

If they took that energy they use to put people's live in danger and apply it stopping the course of human activity that is really fucking ourselves over, wouldn't that be more effective in the long run?

Nah fuck it. LET'S RIDE!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on September 20, 2011, 06:37:04 PM

YES!!

I was told in PM over there - by two separate people - that I made them actually sick up.

HOW MANY POINTS WAS THAT WORTH?
Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2011, 10:33:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 20, 2011, 06:37:04 PM

YES!!

I was told in PM over there - by two separate people - that I made them actually sick up.

HOW MANY POINTS WAS THAT WORTH?

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Luna on September 20, 2011, 05:04:43 PM
Because when you start deciding that a cause is more important than human lives, you're heading a bad direction.  When you accept that an idea is worth killing for, you never know where that will stop.

Well, that's simply a matter of how you frame it. And some ideas are worth killing for, fuck pacifism.

Putting the idea of the short-term monetary gains of whaling ahead of people's long-term ability to survive is an example of making a cause more important than human lives.

But we're a convenience culture, right?  All that matters is right now. Fuck the long view. Fuck the consequences that aren't immediately apparent. Plausible deniability bitches!!!!

Quote from: Alty on September 20, 2011, 08:29:24 PM
Um yeah. And if a whale gets killed is that going to destroy the ocean? Isn't plankton sort of more critical in that regard? Aren't there giant ocean deserts that are spreading more every year that threaten the very root of ocean ecology that will eventually kill ALL the whales and well as everything else?

Um, how did a lot of species go extinct? Oh yeah, we killed ONE too many.

A lot of whales are keystone species. This means that if they go, they take their entire ecosystem with them. And yes, at some point, killing one whale will do that.

Quote from: Alty on September 20, 2011, 08:29:24 PM
If they took that energy they use to put people's live in danger and apply it stopping the course of human activity that is really fucking ourselves over, wouldn't that be more effective in the long run?

Well, we're fucking ourselves over with overfishing the oceans. I don't think it's worth threatening people's lives over because there's better ways to achieve their goals, but I do think the "cause" of protecting whales is a lot more important than it appears on the surface.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A