News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Einstein was wrong; Tesla was a time traveler.

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, September 24, 2011, 07:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 29, 2011, 03:20:35 PM
Also, this is so much weirder than science fiction, and the whole thing people are for serious over.  HOW CAN ONE NOT GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS???

About what?

About scientists having not quite figured out how they got inaccuracies in their measurements?

How the LHC was likened to a new world wonder like an internationally built and sponsored version of the Great Pyramids, and so far has proven to be about exactly as useful? Except the LHC is underground so you don't even get scenic pics of big looming triangles on the horizon.

LHC Scientist 1: "HEY GUYS it's been a while since, um well, actually forever, since the LHC produced any meaningful result, we need some positive PR soon"

LHC Scientist 2: "OH I KNOW let's take the results of this faulty experiment where the data indicates these particles move faster than the speed of light!"

LHC Scientist 1: "GREAT IDEA people will totally believe we can break the fundamental laws of the universe because the LHC is a multi zillion dollar mega project"

Scientist 1: "no honest, the brick fell upwards I checked all my readings"
Scientist 2: "that's kind of hard to believe, did you repeat the experiment?"
Scientist 1: "no I can't because I used a multi zillion dollar mega device to perform it and it will be months before I get another time slot, given that I can secure funding"
Scientist 2: "I know, let's inform the media that we broke the laws of physics"
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Cramulus on September 29, 2011, 04:07:09 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 29, 2011, 03:18:52 PM
I have just been inspired to get into science and physics.  Thanks, Time-Travelling Tesla!

But for serious, I'm spazzing out over the possibility, as remote as it may be, of IRL space/time bending.

here's a really good introduction to Tesla's genius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gOR91oentQ

This guy is my new hero.  :aaa:

Don Coyote

Also, this is so much weirder than science fiction, and the whole thing people are for serious over.  HOW CAN ONE NOT GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS???

who cares bout science. some man what wer a woman isdancing with women on the tgeevee box. i am to busy being morally outrged.

Freeky

Quote from: Donald Coyote on September 29, 2011, 04:40:14 PM

who cares bout science. some man what wer a woman isdancing with women on the tgeevee box. i am to busy being morally outrged.
:lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 29, 2011, 04:31:37 PM
I have just been inspired to get into science and physics.  Thanks, Time-Travelling Tesla!

But for serious, I'm spazzing out over the possibility, as remote as it may be, of IRL space/time bending.

You'd probably really enjoy his biography: http://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Man-Time-Margaret-Cheney/dp/0743215362/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1317312603&sr=8-4
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Telsa = the inspiration for Nylarathotep (maybe)

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2011, 05:10:34 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on September 29, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

You'd probably really enjoy his biography: http://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Man-Time-Margaret-Cheney/dp/0743215362/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1317312603&sr=8-4

While I'm sure I would enojy it, I was talking more about the dude being utterly smashed, but keeping on with it A) because whoever was there kept pushing him onward, and B) it was, in fact, for SCIENCE!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2011, 05:33:45 PM

Oh wow, that makes complete sense. Lovecraft must have known about Tesla's work in his lifetime.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cainad on September 29, 2011, 07:34:36 PM

Oh wow, that makes complete sense. Lovecraft must have known about Tesla's work in his lifetime.

Tesla was kind of a Celebrity in his day. He used to light bulbs in his hands by running electric currents through his body at lectures. He also showered himself with massive showers of lightening.

It doesnt surprise me at all that he freaked Lovecraft out enough to inspire a character.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 30, 2011, 01:03:26 AM

Tesla was kind of a Celebrity in his day. He used to light bulbs in his hands by running electric currents through his body at lectures.

The really impressive thing about was that he would light up bulbs that weren't physically connected to a battery or generator, he discovered a way to transmit electricity wirelessly, a technology that is just now being rediscovered
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

Tesla was kind of a Celebrity in his day. He used to light bulbs in his hands by running electric currents through his body at lectures. He also showered himself with massive showers of lightening.

It doesnt surprise me at all that he freaked Lovecraft out enough to inspire a character.

When you consider this, you can see the resemblance:

QuoteHe spoke much of the sciences - of electricity and psychology - and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude.

The name came to Lovecraft in a dream, he had a letter from his friend saying:

QuoteDon't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Lovecraft commented:

QuoteI had never heard the name NYARLATHOTEP before, but seemed to understand the allusion. Nyarlathotep was a kind of itinerant showman or lecturer who held forth in public halls and aroused widespread fear and discussion with his exhibitions. These exhibitions consisted of two parts — first, a horrible — possibly prophetic — cinema reel; and later some extraordinary experiments with scientific and electrical apparatus. As I received the letter, I seemed to recall that Nyarlathotep was already in Providence.... I seemed to remember that persons had whispered to me in awe of his horrors, and warned me not to go near him. But Loveman's dream letter decided me.... As I left the house I saw throngs of men plodding through the night, all whispering affrightedly and bound in one direction. I fell in with them, afraid yet eager to see and hear the great, the obscure, the unutterable Nyarlathotep

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2011, 11:13:55 AM

When you consider this, you can see the resemblance:

QuoteHe spoke much of the sciences - of electricity and psychology - and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude.

The name came to Lovecraft in a dream, he had a letter from his friend saying:

QuoteDon't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Lovecraft commented:

QuoteI had never heard the name NYARLATHOTEP before, but seemed to understand the allusion. Nyarlathotep was a kind of itinerant showman or lecturer who held forth in public halls and aroused widespread fear and discussion with his exhibitions. These exhibitions consisted of two parts — first, a horrible — possibly prophetic — cinema reel; and later some extraordinary experiments with scientific and electrical apparatus. As I received the letter, I seemed to recall that Nyarlathotep was already in Providence.... I seemed to remember that persons had whispered to me in awe of his horrors, and warned me not to go near him. But Loveman's dream letter decided me.... As I left the house I saw throngs of men plodding through the night, all whispering affrightedly and bound in one direction. I fell in with them, afraid yet eager to see and hear the great, the obscure, the unutterable Nyarlathotep

That's amazing.

Triple Zero

It's a short story, shorter than most rants posted here :) And it's out of copyright, so check it:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

memy

Quote from: Science me, babby on September 29, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

If you're getting this excited about Tesla, just wait. You'll come to realize that the admiration you have for Tesla is in direct inverse proportion to how pissed off you'll be at Thomas Edison.
ma-ma-say ma-ma-sah ma-ma-co-sah