Search function is down and I dont want everyone to be robots anymore.

Started by Penumbral, September 24, 2011, 10:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Penumbral

I feel safe with you
                      \\

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Penumbral on September 25, 2011, 01:44:35 AM
Quote from: Nigel on September 25, 2011, 01:43:03 AM
I also seem to remember there being a browser it wouldn't work on, maybe?

Worked in Opera so it probably works in most of them.

Confirmed in Opera (which I use myself), Firefox and Safari. I think IE8 and IE9 too, it's in the robots thread which browsers work and which don't.

But afaik, if the quest doesn't work in a browser, the activation/button shouldn't have worked either ... :?

Jenne seems to be using IE8 and I just checked again, it should support everything.

That said, if anyone wants to disable the robots, and for some reason really can't manage the quest (for whatever reason), PM me and I'll provide instructions on how to get the normal avators back. BTW I haven't yet actually implemented this cheat-code simply because nobody has asked me for it yet, so be aware that if you do, you will be the first one to give up! ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Yup, I have IE8.    I'm probably timing out and just not paying attention to the time.  :lol:  I'm telling you, I try it half-heartedly because I'm actually thinking I'd push the damned red button again, if I ever got them turned off.  So I "try" to get them gone and when it doesn't work, I am just as happy with the BLEEPs and BLOOPs...

I know, it sounds lame.  Probably because there IS that delay when I see the avatars for 3-4 seconds and the fact my phone still has them--don't feel I'm really missing them.  And I've begun to recognize folks by their robots, which are more constant than some people's avies, tbqh.

Jenne

Ha.  Inprivate browsing window has erased all robots.  :D  So now I can choose robots, or none, depending on the window I use.

Jenne,

has the best of both worlds! :D

Triple Zero

Ah yes, of course, private windows always start as a clean slate, good find! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on September 25, 2011, 05:55:50 AM
I don't feel safe without the robots anymore.

That's what the robots want.  That's why they've given you everything you think you need, all available with the touch of a button on your TV and your computer.

Why would you go to anyone else?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 26, 2011, 05:01:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 25, 2011, 05:55:50 AM
I don't feel safe without the robots anymore.

That's what the robots want.  That's why they've given you everything you think you need, all available with the touch of a button on your TV and your computer.

Why would you go to anyone else?

:lulz:

Jasper

I wasn't going to kill the robots, but I came back today and they're gone. 

I was actually a bit saddened.  :(