News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Gateways

Started by Luna, September 26, 2011, 02:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

When you're moving through life, you see a lot of things.  Chances...  Opportunities...  Gateways.

Once in awhile you see a gate that you want to move through...  Something you want to try, a chance you want to take.  Maybe you rattle the gate, see if it will move.

What if it doesn't?  Climbing over, bashing it down, those are options, sure, but not the same as the gate opening and letting you in.

Some gates weren't meant to be opened.  Some of them are there to let you enjoy the view for awhile, take a rest, draw some strength while you consider the possibilities... before you move on.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Scribbly

The cruelty is that you will never know for certain if you made the right choice. The memory of some of those gates (some of the ones that looked most, promising, but you never opened) will stick with you forever.

But that's the nature of the journey I suppose. You pick your path, and you keep an eye out for the next one. Maybe it is a chance to rest, or maybe you're about to go in a whole new direction. You never know.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 26, 2011, 03:02:30 PM
That's, um, life.

Yep.

But people occasionally need a kick in the ass and a reminder that hanging off a particular gate means they're going nowhere.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on September 26, 2011, 03:09:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 26, 2011, 03:02:30 PM
That's, um, life.

Yep.

But people occasionally need a kick in the ass and a reminder that hanging off a particular gate means they're going nowhere.

Sorry, I should have quoted DS's post.  You  make your choices, and you live with them.  Chances to undo those decisions are so rare as to not be worthy of consideration.
Molon Lube