News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

The Good Fight

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, September 27, 2011, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

QuoteIn November 1843, the Gettysburg newspaper The Republican Compiler printed what it claimed to be a verbatim report of a speech made to Republican forces by the Reverend Joab Prout, on the eve of the Battle of Brandywine:

"Soldiers - tomorrow morning we will go forth to battle ... your unworthy minister will march with you, invoking God's aid in the fight ... need I exhort you to fight the good fight for your homesteads, and for your wives and children!"

This has been on my mind for a while now.  "The Good Fight" What is this. Is there one left?  People talk a good line about "change" hell, a man won an election on the slogan "Change you can believe in".  Have there been changes?  Of course there have.  Have they been ones we can believe in?  NO. 

So you ask why, why is it so difficult for people to not see what needs to be done, especially when the answers are right in front of their faces?  I think the reason is because no one feels they are fighting for their very existence.  The scary part is they are and they don't even realize it.  Since they have never had to fight for their homes or their families, they can't comprehend what "The Good Fight" actually is.

Miyamoto Musashi said "Everything can collapse. Houses, bodies, and enemies collapse when their rhythm becomes deranged. In large-scale strategy, when the enemy starts to collapse you must pursue him without letting the chance go. If you fail to take advantage of your enemies' collapse, they may recover."

We are at a point of failure.  We have not taken advantage of our enemies collapse, simply because we are our own worst enemy.  Very little that is happening in the world today is something that could not have been stopped before it even started.  For every inch we have gained across the globe, we have lost 6.  The compromise has killed us.  Well not physically killed us, but it has killed something inside of us that recognizes right from wrong, a part of us that knew when our fight was "the Good Fight" and stopped our realization of it becoming the "Ok Whatever Works".

The author Arthur Gordon said "Some people confuse acceptance with apathy, but there's all the difference in the world. Apathy fails to distinguish between what can and what cannot be helped; acceptance makes that distinction. Apathy paralyzes the will-to-action; acceptance frees it by relieving it of impossible burdens."

We have become an apathetic people.  We are paralyzed by our own actions.  We have allowed so many things to "pass along" lost so many inches that now, when we are miles from where we need to be everyone is scrambling for a route to salvation.

It is no wonder a political party that touts Christianity has gained such popularity.  People know there are problems.  People see that things are actually BAD WRONG.  They are desperate for a quick fix solution, never realizing the problem they are trying to fix is years in the making. The problem is, god is not going to fix the problem and I don't know that we have what it takes to do so ourselves.

So where do we turn?  Who do we look to for guidance, leadership, answers?  I would suggest history, as it is bound to repeat itself, however, we do not seem to be able to learn from our mistakes.  Where does that leave us?  Within in 5 years of a downtrodden country, scrambling for food, killing for fresh water, dying for freedoms we gave away long ago.

I don't believe there is a chance for change.  Not because it isn't possible, but because to change our surroundings we must first change ourselves.

Cross posted from EB&G

East Coast Hustle

I really like this, and not just because you quoted Musashi.

:mittens:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Can't even add to this. :mittens: x 1000!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Jenne

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Robert GreeneYou are your own worst enemy.

You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present.  Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half-involved in what you do.  The only way to change is through action and outside pressure.  Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won't. 

Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through.  Place yourself on "death ground", where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive.

[...]

A sense of urgency comes from a powerful connection to the present.  Instead of dreaming of rescue or hoping for a better future, you have to face the issue at hand.  Fail and you perish.  People who involve themselves completely in the immediate problem are intimidating; because they are focusing so intensely, they seem more powerful than they are.  Their sense of urgency multiplies their strength and gives them momentum. 

Like Cortes, you must locate the root of your problem.  It is not the people around you; it is yourself, and the spirit with which you face the world.  In the back of your mind, you keep an escape route, a crutch, something to turn to if things go bad.  Maybe it is some wealthy relative you can count on to buy your way out; maybe it is some grand opportunity on the horizon, the endless vistas of time that seem to be before you; maybe it is a familiar job or comfortable relationship that is always there if you fail.

Just as Cortes men saw their ships as insurance, you may see this fallback as a blessing - but it is in fact a curse.  It divides you.  Because you think you have options, you never involve yourself deeply enough in one thing to do it thoroughly, and you never quite get what you want.  Sometimes you need to run your ships aground, burn them, and leave yourself just one option: succeed or go down.