News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Luka Magnotta : Everything is A Dream

Started by thedarkphoenix, September 28, 2011, 02:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

The whole friggin thing. Like why was he setting up a bunch of sock puppet accounts for artificial notoriety? Is this sort of behavior typical of a killers personality but just now being influenced with 21st century tech? I mean we still dont know who jack the ripper was because he didnt make a habit of writing the paper saying "many say its this guy but he has his detractors" or whatever. Its just really fucking weird.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

I can't say I'm an expert on serial killers, but narcissistic personality disorder and sexual murder have been linked before.

It wouldn't exactly be a stretch to conclude Luka Magnotta suffered from the former, given his online presence.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'm just glad they nabbed his ass.

And yeah. NPD.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

That makes sense. But the whole sort of "hey im a serial killer hahaha not really but seriously i am thing" is just a little weird even for that no?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 04, 2012, 06:29:14 PM
That makes sense. But the whole sort of "hey im a serial killer hahaha not really but seriously i am thing" is just a little weird even for that no?

Controversy is PR.

navkat

So they caught him in Belgium today. Good.

I made myself watch the video...partly out of train wreck curiosity and partly out of a desire to steel myself for the horrors I will no doubt see in my job--horrors like decapitated children and things which will no doubt haunt me in the years ahead of me.

I pussied out and closed my eyes for much of it: enough to get the main idea of what he was doing and what he was going to do next. I couldn't finish. It's too awful.

It had a profound educational and emotional effect on me: to know and understand with clarity that a human being who for all purposes appears no less than normal: normal human face, human eyes, normal human body, could be capable of exacting so intimately, such horror on another living, breathing human being...a horror that transcends that of the daily disconnected shootings in the streets of my old neighborhood, or coerced prostitution or any number of terrible things people do to each other but which, for the most part, are so common and so disconnected, that they often go on unreported.

I had a true "Gift of Fear" revelation that there exist among us, people who appear no worse than averagely cracked on the outside but who are, inside their heads, nothing approaching normal. People who may be easy to underestimate in if warning signs are left ignored. 

And it saddens me. For all I gained in understanding, I also lost something. I find myself re-examining people in my life, looking for signs that may reveal things in their character of which to be rightfully afraid: acquaintances I once dismissed as being a little odd but likely harmless. Habits, things said in passing that made me raise an eye but which I attributed to quirk.

And I am frightened, I will worry now about people's motives in their dealings with me or my son. Find myself suddenly understanding the wisdom in not being so damned open and permissive with my personal space, my comings and goings, identifying information. I will be that much more aware as I enter people's homes or other scenes as a caregiver, for dangers and warnings I may have let slip past before. I will pay a little more attention to the things people say, their behaviors and body language.

And I feel sympathy for Jun Lin's loved ones. I know that since this horrorshow is a Canadian citizen, he will not be put to death. I hope they are able to find peace in his incarceration. I have already reached out to them with my sympathies. How awful to have access to chronicle of this...I can't even imagine the cognitive dissonance, the ambivalence when making the choice to see or not see. I deeply empathize.

I don't know who else has watched this or if anyone has discussed it before in quite this way but I felt it was important. I felt it important to speak the truth without blanketing it over with meaningless exclamations of "Ew! Sicko!" I felt it important to not lie and deny I'd seen it in shame or in attempt to eject its presence from my mind...important to open dialogue to anyone else who may have been affected beyond just the ubiquitous and omnipresent revulsion.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 01:58:01 AM
So they caught him in Belgium today. Good.

I made myself watch the video...partly out of train wreck curiosity and partly out of a desire to steel myself for the horrors I will no doubt see in my job--horrors like decapitated children and things which will no doubt haunt me in the years ahead of me.

I pussied out and closed my eyes for much of it: enough to get the main idea of what he was doing and what he was going to do next. I couldn't finish. It's too awful.

It had a profound educational and emotional effect on me: to know and understand with clarity that a human being who for all purposes appears no less than normal: normal human face, human eyes, normal human body, could be capable of exacting so intimately, such horror on another living, breathing human being...a horror that transcends that of the daily disconnected shootings in the streets of my old neighborhood, or coerced prostitution or any number of terrible things people do to each other but which, for the most part, are so common and so disconnected, that they often go on unreported.

I had a true "Gift of Fear" revelation that there exist among us, people who appear no worse than averagely cracked on the outside but who are, inside their heads, nothing approaching normal. People who may be easy to underestimate in if warning signs are left ignored. 

And it saddens me. For all I gained in understanding, I also lost something. I find myself re-examining people in my life, looking for signs that may reveal things in their character of which to be rightfully afraid: acquaintances I once dismissed as being a little odd but likely harmless. Habits, things said in passing that made me raise an eye but which I attributed to quirk.

And I am frightened, I will worry now about people's motives in their dealings with me or my son. Find myself suddenly understanding the wisdom in not being so damned open and permissive with my personal space, my comings and goings, identifying information. I will be that much more aware as I enter people's homes or other scenes as a caregiver, for dangers and warnings I may have let slip past before. I will pay a little more attention to the things people say, their behaviors and body language.

And I feel sympathy for Jun Lin's loved ones. I know that since this horrorshow is a Canadian citizen, he will not be put to death. I hope they are able to find peace in his incarceration. I have already reached out to them with my sympathies. How awful to have access to chronicle of this...I can't even imagine the cognitive dissonance, the ambivalence when making the choice to see or not see. I deeply empathize.

I don't know who else has watched this or if anyone has discussed it before in quite this way but I felt it was important. I felt it important to speak the truth without blanketing it over with meaningless exclamations of "Ew! Sicko!" I felt it important to not lie and deny I'd seen it in shame or in attempt to eject its presence from my mind...important to open dialogue to anyone else who may have been affected beyond just the ubiquitous and omnipresent revulsion.

I have no intent on watching it. Ever.

I'm a history guy. Humans are terrible. I'm also a human. Humans are terrible.

Here's the bright side. The last, err, 3 weeks in the news aside, humans generally are no more or less terrible than any other humans you know. Out of 7 billion people, statistically taking total population and location and borders into consideration, nothing will happen to either you or your son. You should be cautious, but not overly so. The chances that someone is a monster is slim. They may be a dick. But a monster? Monsters only really are ubiquitous in third world countries that aren't the United States.

navkat

I don't think they're ubiquitous but predators exist.

Here's something else that's no less dangerous that exists in no short supply in my country: Last week, a 19-year-old mom of 2 was arrested for breaking her infant son's femurs, right here in Alabama, one county over. When asked how it happened, she admitted it to the hospital staff with no more of an explanation than a casual "I have anger issues."

Further examination of the infant revealed a three-week-old, untreated skull-fracture. She was arrested and booked. She is smiling in her mugshots.

She unfortunately sees "anger issues" as a perfectly logical excuse for her behavior. She no doubt realizes she'll be ordered into treatment and will eventually be able to regain visitation and/or custody of her children after rehabilitation...if she wants them. I have no doubt by her flippant attitude about her behavior, that she knows this by example: someone else in her world has been through this and gotten the kids back and no doubt, someone in her family has dismissed her monstrous behavior in the past as "Tanya's got anger issues. Better steer clear of her when she's in that mood."

This is she:

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 02:36:14 AM

Here's something else that's no less dangerous that exists in no short supply in my country: Last week, a 19-year-old mom of 2 was arrested for breaking her infant son's femurs, right here in Alabama, one county over. When asked how it happened, she admitted it to the hospital staff with no more of an explanation than a casual "I have anger issues."

Further examination of the infant revealed a three-week-old, untreated skull-fracture. She was arrested and booked. She is smiling in her mugshots.

She unfortunately sees "anger issues" as a perfectly logical excuse for her behavior. She no doubt realizes she'll be ordered into treatment and will eventually be able to regain visitation and/or custody of her children after rehabilitation...if she wants them. I have no doubt by her flippant attitude about her behavior, that she knows this by example: someone else in her world has been through this and gotten the kids back and no doubt, someone in her family has dismissed her monstrous behavior in the past as "Tanya's got anger issues. Better steer clear of her when she's in that mood."

This is she:

Tanya needs to be pushed off a cliff.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 05, 2012, 02:43:16 AM

This is she:

With a baseball bat.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on June 05, 2012, 04:01:09 AM

This is she:

With a baseball bat.

Thing is, if you started whacking every fucking yahoo like that, in any state, you'd wear your Goddamn arm out.  And there would still be yahoos. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 05, 2012, 04:14:27 AM

This is she:

With a baseball bat.

Thing is, if you started whacking every fucking yahoo like that, in any state, you'd wear your Goddamn arm out.  And there would still be yahoos.

Need whacking machines.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on June 05, 2012, 04:17:26 AM

This is she:

With a baseball bat.

Need whacking machines. wood-chippers

Luna

This is she:

With a baseball bat.

Maybe, but that's no excuse not to do my part.  When I'm done, I can loan the bat to the next actual non-fucking yahoo in line.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."