News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Luka Magnotta : Everything is A Dream

Started by thedarkphoenix, September 28, 2011, 02:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I'm now expecting Breivik-esque court shennanigans from Luka.  The Berlin police are ready to extradite, so it shouldn't take too long.

navkat

The fucked up problem is that YOU have a conscience and YOU who are a contribution to society, putting well-raised children into the world would lose your kids and since YOU work a real job and contribute, YOU would have a hell of a time getting them back while you work and pay for your own legal, etc.

SHE will do six months in Metro and get anger-management classes offered by some Meaher's pet contracted Social service, paid for by tax dollars because she's indigent and be assigned an attorney by DHR to get her kids back.

navkat

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 10:47:06 AM
I'm now expecting Breivik-esque court shennanigans from Luka.  The Berlin police are ready to extradite, so it shouldn't take too long.

It doesn't matter. Once he's in Canada, he's not getting the death penalty and he's not going to do hard time if he's sick.

navkat

Someone needs to put the Jack Ruby on him.

Cain

So navkat, are you arguing the genuinely psychotic deserve to be killed?

Faust

Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 11:27:53 AM

It doesn't matter. Once he's in Canada, he's not getting the death penalty and he's not going to do hard time if he's sick.

Any sane country doesn't use the death penalty. Judging by the severity of what he did and the fact that he released this video to the general populace I would assert that he should be studied in a mental institute, he would be a very useful specimen for the rest of his life, the data that could be garnered over the decades would be fascinating.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

navkat

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 11:40:30 AM

Not officially, no. Such would be a presumptuous human rights violation and a hypocrisy. But, you know, if something just sort of happened...

navkat

Quote from: Faust on June 05, 2012, 11:42:01 AM
Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 11:27:53 AM

Any sane country doesn't use the death penalty. Judging by the severity of what he did and the fact that he released this video to the general populace I would assert that he should be studied in a mental institute, he would be a very useful specimen for the rest of his life, the data that could be garnered over the decades would be fascinating.

Or there's that.

navkat

Truthfully, I'm sorting out a lot of cognitive dissonance on this issue. One of the depraved residuals left by my having subjected myself to that video is that it is now real to me in a way that makes it more difficult to keep my knee-jerk brutality response in check. This guy did those things to a person who was still alive and moving (though, seemingly sedated) in the beginning.

The thing that becomes apparent is that he's beyond rehabilitation because he just had no feelings. The way he went about his acts made it evident that Jun Lin was just a plaything, no different to him than a child gleefully dissembling a GI Joe doll and playing with the parts. There's no one home there and to place him into a mental facility under treatment is akin to pouring a beautiful wine down the hole of a stinking Port-o-loo.

The only possible gain I can see is that which Faust pointed out: dissect him. Mentally dissemble him. Subject him to every possible set of experiments and re-programming techniques and interrogation techniques and sleep-deprivation studies and a host of other theoretical cures and research procedures for SCIENCE.

Which is, in itself, a form of brutality, I suppose but then again, so is getting up and going to work every day for some people. You could call this his job.

Cain

Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 11:40:30 AM

Not officially, no. Such would be a presumptuous human rights violation and a hypocrisy. But, you know, if something just sort of happened...

Ah, so you're settling for being a moral coward on the issue.  Gotcha.

Cain

So Navkat, what other classes of people should we include in the "officially we're not going to kill you, but if just happen to die, well, we won't investigate too hard" category?  Suspected terrorists?  Oh, wait, we already do that one.  Child molestors?  Oh, ditto.  Music pirates?  The retarded?  J00s?

Elder Iptuous

we should definitely kill this fucker right back.
the death penalty should be handled with care.
but handled.
study him?  that's his goal.  that's the motivation he has for killing. (from what i've seen)
he's  a sick fuck, and that's all we really need to know about him, afaict.
what significant or useful thing would be garnered by studying him for decades? (while spending the resources necessary for keeping him alive, and torturing the survivors of his callous inhumanity with his continued existence.)

wait. perhaps you mean there are some biology lessons that require destructive testing?  that, i could get behind...

Cain

And now we're discussing carrying out unethical medical procedures on prisoners.  Yay.

Look, lets just skip ahead and go with a program called Aktion T4.

Cain

It's so good to see that Discordians are better than all the cabbages out there who scream for bloody vengeance because a Badwrong Person did something wicked and evil, and certainly aren't indulging in bloody fantasies not to dissimilar from the one's the person they wished to punish actually carried out.

LMNO

What Cain said.  I've been down this road before -- I got flamed pretty hard once for suggesting that accused pedophiles deserve a fair trial and rehabilitation if convicted, rather than castration with a salad fork.  I've since tried to stay out of wildly emotional threads that flatly reject rationality in favor of blood vengance, precisely because the primate scream drowns out everything else.

But thank you, Cain, for the reminder that killing people is bad.