News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Mushrooms create hippies

Started by Da6s, October 01, 2011, 10:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2011, 02:48:12 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 02:11:20 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 02, 2011, 02:08:50 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 02:04:21 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 02, 2011, 01:59:45 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 01:58:22 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 02, 2011, 12:35:38 AM

(also their methodology seems to have been ... questionable. their "placebo" control was ... Ritalin ?!)

WTF

Idiots.

Idiocy is forgivable.  This is like, they're fucking up their control group on purpose.  I mean shit, Ritalin is like speed to adults.

Ritalin IS a stimulant, which has made me wonder what sick, twisted fuck said, "hey, this kid's ADHD, let's give him a STIMULANT!" to find out that it works.

Bad science pisses me off.

It works different for kids.  I took ritalin as a kid, and it wasn't stimulating at all.

Here are some (possibly) interesting facts on how Ritalin works for treating ADD, and why: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080624115956.htm

Very interesting, thanks, Nigel!
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 02, 2011, 12:04:36 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2011, 02:48:12 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 02:11:20 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 02, 2011, 02:08:50 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 02:04:21 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 02, 2011, 01:59:45 AM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 01:58:22 AM

(also their methodology seems to have been ... questionable. their "placebo" control was ... Ritalin ?!)

WTF

Idiots.

Idiocy is forgivable.  This is like, they're fucking up their control group on purpose.  I mean shit, Ritalin is like speed to adults.

Ritalin IS a stimulant, which has made me wonder what sick, twisted fuck said, "hey, this kid's ADHD, let's give him a STIMULANT!" to find out that it works.

Bad science pisses me off.

It works different for kids.  I took ritalin as a kid, and it wasn't stimulating at all.

Here are some (possibly) interesting facts on how Ritalin works for treating ADD, and why: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080624115956.htm

Very interesting, thanks, Nigel!

You're welcome! My oldest kid and I both have the ADD so it's been interesting following the understanding and treatment. I take Ritalin when I remember, which is almost never. The kid takes Concerta, which janks me out like an 80-pound hooker on meth. She seems fine on it though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

I was on concerta for a while, too.  To be honest, I never really saw any improvement of any kind on either ritalin or concerta.  I think this was probably due to I didn't have ADD like I was supposed to have done.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 02, 2011, 06:10:42 PM
I was on concerta for a while, too.  To be honest, I never really saw any improvement of any kind on either ritalin or concerta.  I think this was probably due to I didn't have ADD like I was supposed to have done.

:lulz: yeah, if you don't have it that shit don't work.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Mushrooms did not create hippies.

The Psycho shower scene created hippies.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2011, 06:47:28 PM
Mushrooms did not create hippies.

The Psycho shower scene created hippies.

Mind = BLOWN. :eek:

( :lol: )

Template

Does psilocybin cause changes in personality? Maybe, but not so fast

Seems almost OK.  Might've wanted a convincing high to make the control work better.  Best to use a third group, then, though, that actually had nothing special that day.