News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

But seriously, I don't get it either.  I mean, sure the bankers are greedy, amoral and criminal fucks.  We all know that.

The only way they're ever going to be held to account is by putting pressure on politicians, though.  I expect bankers to be what they are, much in the way I expect a newborn puppy to shit on the carpet.  However, the politicians are meant to clean up the mess, not give the puppy laxatives and leave a bag's worth of doggy treats open and in plain sight.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2011, 06:53:08 PM
But seriously, I don't get it either.  I mean, sure the bankers are greedy, amoral and criminal fucks.  We all know that.

The only way they're ever going to be held to account is by putting pressure on politicians, though.  I expect bankers to be what they are, much in the way I expect a newborn puppy to shit on the carpet.  However, the politicians are meant to clean up the mess, not give the puppy laxatives and leave a bag's worth of doggy treats open and in plain sight.

Yep. It's supposed to be our representatives in government making sure we don't get screwed by handing the keys to the castle to thieves. Protesting Wall Street is like small businessowners in 1930's Chicago protesting the Mafia, only with fewer shop fires and disappearances. 

Hey criminals! We don't like you!

They don't give a fuck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm sure as soon as they do feel threatened, on the other hand, we'll see violence on a level that will make Kabul look like a plausible place to buy property.

30% of veterans are unemployed, incidentally.  Not quite Weimar Germany levels yet, but not far off.  Income inequality is worse in the USA than it is in Egypt, Bangladesh, Yemen and Algeria.  Something will have to give.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2011, 07:33:10 PM
I'm sure as soon as they do feel threatened, on the other hand, we'll see violence on a level that will make Kabul look like a plausible place to buy property.

30% of veterans are unemployed, incidentally.  Not quite Weimar Germany levels yet, but not far off.  Income inequality is worse in the USA than it is in Egypt, Bangladesh, Yemen and Algeria.  Something will have to give.

Yeah, I kind of wonder how that's going to play out, because I don't see this thing just dissipating, which is what I think the politicians were hoping.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to wait them out through the winter.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Triple Zero

Over 10,000 people at Occupy protests in Berlin and Frankfurt.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

QuoteJay-Z was photographed wearing the "Occupy All Streets" shirts earlier this week and began selling them on his website. Checking the site today ... the shirts are now gone.

Before the t-shirts were pulled ... TMZ spoke with Grim, one of the leaders of the Occupy movement, who told us, "Jay-Z, as talented as he is, has the political sensibility of a hood rat and is a scrotum. To attempt to profit off of the first important social moment of 50 years with an overpriced piece of cotton is an insult to the fight for economic civil rights known as #occupywallstreet."

:lulz:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Jay-Z in "canny attempt to make money" shocker.

I mean, sure, it's not like he needs any more, but it doesn't count as a dick move when you expect it.  Also "first important social moment of 50 years"....LOL. 

Quote from: Cain on November 13, 2011, 12:18:25 AM
Jay-Z in "canny attempt to make money" shocker.

I mean, sure, it's not like he needs any more, but it doesn't count as a dick move when you expect it.  Also "first important social moment of 50 years"....LOL. 

I like how he pulled the shirts immediately. Shrewd.

Cain

I now want to buy one...just to piss humourless lefties like "Grim" off.  And how apt a name is that?

OCCUPY IS SRS BIZNESS.  NOT SO SRS WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO COMMENT ON JAY-Z THO.

the last yatto

occupy olympia later in the month for special session... also some talkin about fucking with walmart on black friday
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

:lulz:

Kptv & kgw have feeds on internets as well as livestream with its choppy feed
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 13, 2011, 10:11:05 AM
occupy olympia later in the month for special session... also some talkin about fucking with walmart on black friday

Occupy Olympia? :lulz:

what's next, Occupy Cle Elum?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 13, 2011, 04:18:12 PM
Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 13, 2011, 10:11:05 AM

Occupy Olympia? :lulz:

what's next, Occupy Cle Elum?

It actually makes a lot more sense than Occupying Seattle, because that's where the Washington legislature convenes. However, I think they convene in February, so that would be the time to do it.

Seems like Occupy Portland won a temporary victory, for now...

I'll post pictures after I get some rest.