News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2011, 06:58:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 03:43:42 AM
Quote from: trix on December 08, 2011, 03:38:27 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2011, 03:15:18 AM
(snip)

No, that bill is exactly as advertised.

Which ought to make you happy.  After all, Michael Moore wouldn't approve of bills that allow military sweeps of Americans, followed by indefinite detention.  And we HATE Michael Moore.

Missed this earlier.  Just curious, why ought it make ME happy, if YOU hate Michael Moore?  Or are you simply assuming I must hate him too, since I called him an attention whore?  Not a far stretch I suppose, given the amount of shit I've seen flung at him ITT, but nah.  He's opportunistic and vile, but I hold no hatred for him.  I meet plenty just like him every day.  Pity and humor would be more accurate, for me.

We, Trix, we.  You and I.  The two amigos.  We HATE Michael Moore, because he smells of fat guy underpance and squishy liberalness, and we all know REAL MEN aren't liberal.  You think John Wayne wouldn't have kicked Thomas Jefferson's hippie ass, given the chance?  Hell yeah, he would have, right before he went back to pounding on drunks and slapping women until they behaved.

So what kind of fucking sissy so-called "American" would have a problem with security sweeps and indefinite detention without trial?  A pack of pasty-faced Big Sur Goddamn hippie GIRLS, that's who.

But not you and I.  We're MANLY MEN.  And thus we support this assbaggery, and fart in public, just to make the pencil necks wince.

I hate Michael Moore because he's never met a cause that is more important to him than constant self-promotion.  He's the Ben Mack of liberal protest movements....they actually had to throw him out of one General Assembly meeting in...Denver, IIRC, because he tried to take over the whole thing and appoint himself leader, without actually informing anyone that this was the case and getting their consent first.

Oh, agreed.

I was just having fun with Trix's weird Disco Pickle-channeling shit, is all.

:lord:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I thought that may be the case.  I just had to bring up that incident, because it is pure Michael Moore.

In fact, the Denver Occupy people were the ones who elected a dog as their leader, and they did it precisely to spite Michael Moore, after his little performance with a bullhorn and ordering people around.  They decided if they were going to have a hairy leader, it may as well be one that would be friendly and universally liked.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2011, 09:47:18 PM
I thought that may be the case.  I just had to bring up that incident, because it is pure Michael Moore.

In fact, the Denver Occupy people were the ones who elected a dog as their leader, and they did it precisely to spite Michael Moore, after his little performance with a bullhorn and ordering people around.  They decided if they were going to have a hairy leader, it may as well be one that would be friendly and universally liked.

I totally missed that.  This makes me sad.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Precious Moments Zalgo

Looks like a repeat of the '68 DNC in Charlotte next year is possible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/09/democratic-national-convention-occupy-charlotte_n_1138820.html

QuoteThe protests may be a dress rehearsal for Occupy Charlotte leading up to the Democratic National Convention. An estimated 50,000 people will visit the city during the DNC, transforming the moderately-sized banking hub into the center of the universe -- or at least the nexus of the 24-hour cable news cycle -- for the week.

This is not lost on Occupy Charlotte and other Occupy groups in the state. Luis Rodriguez, 33, an organizer with Occupy Charlotte, said he's talked to several members of occupations in Asheville and Raleigh, as well as a group 90 miles away in Columbia, S.C. "Everybody I talked to said the DNC is ground zero for everything," he explained to The Huffington Post. "Everybody wants to be involved. We're estimating several thousands of people coming especially from the Occupy community."

The article also talks about the City of Charlotte trying to pass anti-occupy ordinances.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

BabylonHoruv

Reverend holds solitary occupation

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/98ad1245a3344ff5b878c4e3c58b8c64/IL-Chicago-Rooftop-Vigil/

QuoteCHICAGO — The Rev. Corey Brooks has been camped out for nearly three weeks atop the ice-ridden roof of a shuttered motel that he says was a haven for drugs, prostitution and violence in one of Chicago's toughest neighborhoods.

Brooks, the leader of New Beginnings Church, has not left the roof since Nov. 19 and says he is staying until he raises enough money to buy the building across the street from his church, which he hopes to turn into an education center to fight crime and gangs.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

The West Coast Port Blockade is going down Monday the 12th.

Portland assholes: 6am at Kelly Point Park.

Other kinds of assholes can go here: http://westcoastportshutdown.org/ for more information.

SHUT 'ER DOWN!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rococo Modem Basilisk

They decided if they were going to have a hairy leader, it may as well be one that would be friendly and universally liked.

I don't like dogs.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: )+( on December 12, 2011, 08:21:52 PM
They decided if they were going to have a hairy leader, it may as well be one that would be friendly and universally liked.

I don't like dogs.

Well, then, when you organize an OWS rally, don't put a fucking dog in charge of it.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: )+( on December 12, 2011, 08:33:51 PM

I regret that I cannot see your generic pic from the cheezburger site on this computer.

So your point has not been made.  Sorry.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 09, 2011, 09:43:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2011, 06:58:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2011, 03:43:42 AM
Quote from: trix on December 08, 2011, 03:38:27 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2011, 03:15:18 AM
(snip)

No, that bill is exactly as advertised.

Which ought to make you happy.  After all, Michael Moore wouldn't approve of bills that allow military sweeps of Americans, followed by indefinite detention.  And we HATE Michael Moore.

Missed this earlier.  Just curious, why ought it make ME happy, if YOU hate Michael Moore?  Or are you simply assuming I must hate him too, since I called him an attention whore?  Not a far stretch I suppose, given the amount of shit I've seen flung at him ITT, but nah.  He's opportunistic and vile, but I hold no hatred for him.  I meet plenty just like him every day.  Pity and humor would be more accurate, for me.

We, Trix, we.  You and I.  The two amigos.  We HATE Michael Moore, because he smells of fat guy underpance and squishy liberalness, and we all know REAL MEN aren't liberal.  You think John Wayne wouldn't have kicked Thomas Jefferson's hippie ass, given the chance?  Hell yeah, he would have, right before he went back to pounding on drunks and slapping women until they behaved.

So what kind of fucking sissy so-called "American" would have a problem with security sweeps and indefinite detention without trial?  A pack of pasty-faced Big Sur Goddamn hippie GIRLS, that's who.

But not you and I.  We're MANLY MEN.  And thus we support this assbaggery, and fart in public, just to make the pencil necks wince.

I hate Michael Moore because he's never met a cause that is more important to him than constant self-promotion.  He's the Ben Mack of liberal protest movements....they actually had to throw him out of one General Assembly meeting in...Denver, IIRC, because he tried to take over the whole thing and appoint himself leader, without actually informing anyone that this was the case and getting their consent first.

Oh, agreed.

I was just having fun with Trix's weird Disco Pickle-channeling shit, is all.

:lord:

:walken:
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't like dogs.

Who are you, anyway?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 12, 2011, 09:10:28 PM

I don't like dogs.

Who are you, anyway?

Apparently someone who thinks non-sequiters are the height of wit, and who doesn't like dogs.

Juana

I don't like dogs.
Are you allergic? Have you only ever met rat dogs? If you answer no to either of those questions, I don't trust you.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."