Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Occupy protests now have the backing of one of the Tea Party Express founders

http://rt.com/usa/news/tea-occupy-denninger-wall-819/

Quote"One of the things that the Occupy movement seems to have going for it is it has not turned around and issued a set of formal demands," said Denninger. "This is a good thing, not a bad thing. Everyone is looking for a set of demands." Denninger added that once the protesters formally approach the banks and government with a list of demands, "then somebody is going to say, 'Well, we gave you 70 percent. Now go home.'"

In the case of the Tea Party, Denninger says such organization was actually the group's downfall. "One of the things we wanted was the end to bailouts and an end to government deficit spending, and as you can see that didn't happen," said Denninger, who today manages The Market Ticker.

Denninger added that demonstrators with Occupy Wall Street and the offshoots across the world shouldn't just abandon their goals. "Stay on message, which is that the corruption is not a singular event," he said. "You can't focus in one place. You have to get the money out of politics, which is very difficult to do, but at the same time you can't silence people's voice."

Cramulus

Here's an album of infographics which support the OWS points http://imgur.com/a/U4FR4#0

Doktor Howl

53 Tuscons arrested last night.
Molon Lube

The Rev

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 17, 2011, 04:46:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 17, 2011, 04:42:12 PM

Why were they arrested?

Carrying on and staying past the park's closing time.  I think the police just did it so the hardcore OWS members could up their protester cred.  The arrests were made professionally, with no head-cracking or other hilarity.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Printing the occupy message on money, clever:
http://occupygeorge.com/
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 17, 2011, 05:01:16 PM

Why were they arrested?

Carrying on and staying past the park's closing time.  I think the police just did it so the hardcore OWS members could up their protester cred.  The arrests were made professionally, with no head-cracking or other hilarity.

Well... good
Or fight the power
or :?

Luna

Happened to wander past Occupy Providence last night.  Bunch of tents set up in a small (like, spit across small) park, lots of signs (at least spelled correctly, from a quick look), and not a lot of people.  Small drum circle, not much else. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Rev

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 17, 2011, 05:42:19 PM

Why were they arrested?

Well... good
Or fight the power

At least they didn't bust heads!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on October 17, 2011, 06:52:40 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 17, 2011, 05:42:19 PM

Why were they arrested?

Well... good
Or fight the power

At least they didn't bust heads!

This is Tucson, Charley...The police are relieved to only have to manage a few hundred protesters, who aren't inclined to violence.  Horrible drunken domestic disputes, or a bunch of people holding signs.  Which would YOU rather deal with?

Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Where is their "proof?"  :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 17, 2011, 09:24:21 PM
Where is their "proof?"  :lulz:

In Judson Phillips' tiny, tormented little mind.   :lulz:
Molon Lube