News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Occupy LA's facebook is still going - rallies being planned and live feed of the general assembly linked to: https://www.facebook.com/occupyLA (twenty seven minutes ago as of 8:18pm PST)
I'll see what else I can find.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Telarus

There was some good stuff trending on Twitter under #portshutdown. Last I heard, Seattle and LA have voted to continue the shutdown due to violence used by law enforcement.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Risus on December 13, 2011, 11:35:50 PM
Quote from: Net on December 13, 2011, 10:33:59 PM
Quote from: Risus on December 13, 2011, 09:33:45 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw5e899a0v1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

In spite of that, Occupy is doing ok.

What do you mean?

In spite of the mainstream media smearing or not covering Occupy, they've got decent turn out for their major actions (for example, the port shutdown was fairly successful) and continually have stuff simmering out of the public eye that anyone can jump into.

Did you think I meant in spite of the anti-corporate sentiment Occupy is doing ok?  :crankey:

Here's a quick sample of the two main terminals Occupy Portland shut down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1KSBKiwvwk&context=C2c97cADOEgsToPDskJL1k3SO06_7JSYa6K4MBev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL9ug75IRIc&feature=context&context=C2c97cADOEgsToPDskJL1k3SO06_7JSYa6K4MBev
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

maphdet

Quote from: Cain on December 13, 2011, 10:48:04 PM
Are there plans for further rounds of protests in New York, LA etc?

I'll admit, I haven't exactly gone looking, but I haven't heard much about the response to the shutdown of the protests and what the next move is.

hxxps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=242159755852006&set=a.217603604974288.57691.217514361649879&type=1&theater

This is something I ran across...might be interesting. Gives time for planning being that it's a month away.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

The Good Reverend Roger

I wonder if it's any coincidence that the failure of winter to end the occupy movements coincided with Obama's decision not to veto the "defense" bill.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2011, 03:38:37 AM
I wonder if it's any coincidence that the failure of winter to end the occupy movements coincided with Obama's decision not to veto the "defense" bill.

I don't think so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2011, 03:39:20 AM

I don't think so.

That's just your bad attitude.  I am sure they are unconnected.  Citizen.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2011, 03:40:08 AM
Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2011, 03:39:20 AM

I don't think so.

That's just your bad attitude.  I am sure they are unconnected.  Citizen.

:x

"I am a US citizen" just doesn't carry the ring of safety it once did.

Phox

"But I'm a citizen of Rome!" Yeah....

Prince Glittersnatch III

If we cant protect the poor defenseless banks from those rabid evil hippies and homeless people then we can hardly call ourselves civilized, now can we?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Thurnez Isa

question
how long do you think it is till those in the occupy movement are labeled as terrorists?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 16, 2011, 08:10:57 PM

question
how long do you think it is till those in the occupy movement are labeled as terrorists?

Before year's end, I think.  Certainly no later than the new "defense" bill's provisions come into effect.

Igor

It would seem London got there first:

Source
Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Telarus

http://www.portlandoccupier.org/2011/12/15/occupy-portland-outsmarts-police-creating-blueprint-for-other-occupations/

Some very interesting tactical analysis of the PDX Occupy faction. I think Net may have hinted at this earlier.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!