News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Telarus on December 17, 2011, 07:44:19 PM
http://www.portlandoccupier.org/2011/12/15/occupy-portland-outsmarts-police-creating-blueprint-for-other-occupations/

Some very interesting tactical analysis of the PDX Occupy faction. I think Net may have hinted at this earlier.

That's a good article. I'm curious what military tards think about it.

In summary: when the cops come to clear the park, don't resist. As they are preparing for their military maneuver and use of force that the Occupiers cannot reasonably be expected to resist, the occupiers should be packing up their tents and baggage and loading them into wagons, bicycles, backpacks, etc.

Force the cops to clear the park inch by inch, but try to avoid arrest in so doing. Once they have cleared the park, rouse the crowd through loud amplification announcing that you intend to march (any destination will do). Get the music blaring and then march aimlessly, blocking traffic the whole way, for hours. The crowd will be energized and willing to march for a long time, being spurred on by energetic music and chants.

The police will eventually trim down their entourage because they realize that they are helpless. Eventually, work your way back to the park. Or, if the police have fenced off the park, head to another park. If the police force you out, march again and they will be forced to follow. Eventually, they will inevitably come to the conclusion that they would rather have you in a park than disrupting traffic.

The police have no response to this tactic, other than resorting to brutality. And if they do that, we win whether they clear the park or not.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Prince Glittersnatch III

What happened to that lady who allegedly miscarried due to police brutality? I heard there were some doubts raised about her story but I never really saw any real real follow up.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Net on December 17, 2011, 08:33:13 PM
Quote from: Telarus on December 17, 2011, 07:44:19 PM
http://www.portlandoccupier.org/2011/12/15/occupy-portland-outsmarts-police-creating-blueprint-for-other-occupations/

Some very interesting tactical analysis of the PDX Occupy faction. I think Net may have hinted at this earlier.

That's a good article. I'm curious what military tards think about it.

In summary: when the cops come to clear the park, don't resist. As they are preparing for their military maneuver and use of force that the Occupiers cannot reasonably be expected to resist, the occupiers should be packing up their tents and baggage and loading them into wagons, bicycles, backpacks, etc.

Force the cops to clear the park inch by inch, but try to avoid arrest in so doing. Once they have cleared the park, rouse the crowd through loud amplification announcing that you intend to march (any destination will do). Get the music blaring and then march aimlessly, blocking traffic the whole way, for hours. The crowd will be energized and willing to march for a long time, being spurred on by energetic music and chants.

The police will eventually trim down their entourage because they realize that they are helpless. Eventually, work your way back to the park. Or, if the police have fenced off the park, head to another park. If the police force you out, march again and they will be forced to follow. Eventually, they will inevitably come to the conclusion that they would rather have you in a park than disrupting traffic.

The police have no response to this tactic, other than resorting to brutality. And if they do that, we win whether they clear the park or not.

John Robb, the Global Guerrilas writer, who definitely counts as a military tard, although with different tactical thinking than most, mentioned this tactic and praised it rather emphatically.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

Given that Global Guerillas hasn't been worth a shit since 2008 I'm not the least bit surprised that BH is a fan.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Elder Iptuous

GG has some interesting links fairly often.  i don't think i had seen it before 2008, but what's it lost?

Cain

He rarely ever actually talks about war, terrorism and insurgency any more.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/165883/occupy-effect

I don't know how Occupy Wall Street will impact the 2012 election, but one thing seems pretty clear: it's changed the national conversation.

A few short months ago, the corporate media and inside-the-Beltway chatter was all debt and deficits, all the time.

Occupy changed that. It reset the media narrative so it's more aligned with the true crises of our times—income inequality, downward mobility and economic fairness. It's also renewed attention to corporate accountability and the corrosive role of corporate money in politics.

Just look at the media's use of the words "inequality" and "greed" post-Occupy. As Peter Dreier notes, a Lexis/Nexis search shows that US newspapers published 409 stories with the word "inequality" in October 2010. Through September 2011, the number of stories about "inequality" remained roughly the same. But in October 2011, when OWS erupted across the country and overseas, the frequency skyrocketed to 1,269 stories.

You can see a similar pattern with stories on "greed." Between October 2010 and September 2011, "greed" stories fluctuated between 452 and 728. But in October of that year newspapers stories on greed jumped to 2,285.

:bankster:

Triple Zero

Quote from: KMFDM Bitch-Slaps Plutocracy With A Drug Against Wall Street

The whole #OccupyWallStreet thing is cool and all, but it's not a real party until some heavyweights of radical music start throwing their weight behind it. Fans of industrial metal will be pleased to know that KMFDM has done just that, releasing a new version of their classic track (which the more angsty of us rocked in our angsty bedrooms over a decade ago), A Drug Against War, but have altered their own lyrics to spotlight the recent rebellion against evil psycho-clown corporations.

The vocals in the track are now all about defeating our shady bankster-GMO-Annunaki overlords with the new title A Drug Against Wall Street! Calling upon the 99% to "march to the drum of the ultra heavy beat," the vocals warn against remaining passive to the ravages of class warfare, warning us rather succinctly that "make no mistake, our children's future is at stake."

Shortly after the release of this slammer in its new incarnation, KMFDM's founder and front-man, Sascha K, stated, "On Oct 15, I suddenly had this idea of doing a new version... using alternate lyrics voicing support of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Working quickly I was able to get it done and posted so it could be made available for free to everyone during the Global Day Of Action."

Download/listen/stream the track via here:

http://www.kmfdm.net/adrugagainstwallstreet/

I just did, and it's rather awesome. (of course the original is pretty sweet as well)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 04, 2012, 06:27:52 PM
Quote from: KMFDM Bitch-Slaps Plutocracy With A Drug Against Wall Street

The whole #OccupyWallStreet thing is cool and all, but it's not a real party until some heavyweights of radical music start throwing their weight behind it. Fans of industrial metal will be pleased to know that KMFDM has done just that, releasing a new version of their classic track (which the more angsty of us rocked in our angsty bedrooms over a decade ago), A Drug Against War, but have altered their own lyrics to spotlight the recent rebellion against evil psycho-clown corporations.

The vocals in the track are now all about defeating our shady bankster-GMO-Annunaki overlords with the new title A Drug Against Wall Street! Calling upon the 99% to "march to the drum of the ultra heavy beat," the vocals warn against remaining passive to the ravages of class warfare, warning us rather succinctly that "make no mistake, our children's future is at stake."

Shortly after the release of this slammer in its new incarnation, KMFDM's founder and front-man, Sascha K, stated, "On Oct 15, I suddenly had this idea of doing a new version... using alternate lyrics voicing support of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Working quickly I was able to get it done and posted so it could be made available for free to everyone during the Global Day Of Action."

Download/listen/stream the track via here:

http://www.kmfdm.net/adrugagainstwallstreet/

I just did, and it's rather awesome. (of course the original is pretty sweet as well)

Fuck yeah!

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Bruno

http://www.nashvillescene.com/pitw/archives/2012/02/07/lawmakers-add-jail-time-to-anti-occupy-nashville-bill

QuoteThe bill to evict Occupy Nashville kept rolling through the legislature today, winning easy approval in the House Judiciary Committee. But first, lawmakers rubbed it in by jacking up the penalty for violations. Now if you're caught in a tent on the Legislative Plaza or under a bridge or anywhere else on public property where camping isn't permitted in Tennessee, you could go to jail for 11 months and 29 days and pay a $2,500 fine.
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Gonna be some full jails.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

You can't just use public property in any way you like, after all.  There are rules.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 07, 2012, 07:58:51 PM
You can't just use public property in any way you like, after all.  There are rules.

And God forbid we LISTEN to the protesters.  We can't encourage that sort.  If they want to be heard, they can make a big fat campaign contribution, like everyone else.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.