News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

"The charge of the light brigade" is just begging for a modern re-write really.

Half a block, half a block
half a block onward,
All in the valley of cops,
Rode the 200
Forward the hipsters!
Charge for the cuffs he said
Into the valley of cops
Rode the 200

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

I looked at The Milita by Gangstarr, but am afraid it's beyond my skill.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Pæs

Surely "rode the 99 percent"?

Junkenstein

Only a hipster would pay money to charge at cops. I refuse to believe that 99% of the population is that dumb.

Despite having evidence to the contrary.

I mean, I'd go a little strange if that was true.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 12, 2014, 10:11:28 PM
"The charge of the light brigade" is just begging for a modern re-write really.

Half a block, half a block
half a block onward,
All in the valley of cops,
Rode the 200
Forward the hipsters!
Charge for the cuffs he said
Into the valley of cops
Rode the 200

'Forward, the hipsters!'
With audience unmoved.
For each among them knew
  That all was spectacle:
Theirs not to battle lethal,
Theirs not to wake the sheeple,
Their purpose was more deceitful:
Into the valley of cops
  Rode the Forgettable

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
  Police line impregnable;
Backed by only Tweeps and bloggers,
Rode ignorant cannon fodder,
Into the jaws of Death,
Against the fatcat robbers,
  Rode the Forgettable

Rais'd their fists into the sky
Rais'd all their slogans high,
Flailing at the coppers there,
Charging an army with
  All the world skeptical:
Plunged in the teary-smoke
Thro' the line they finally broke;
Hipster and Stoner
Reel'd from the baton-stroke
Captur'd and regrettable.
The occupation intact, but not
Not the Forgettable

Pæs

Missed opportunity in changing the rhyme on "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to occupy".

Junkenstein

Cainad (dec.)

Holy shit. I was pretty sure that the history books had pretty much closed on Occupy. Turns out there's a whole lot of :popcorn: still to be had.

Junkenstein

I had this flash of the scene from the end of "V" only everyone was paid $5 to turn up, the police were much more resistant with military tactics and backing and there's blood everywhere.

I feel this is somewhat inevitable. Maybe not paid actually money though, but bitcoins or some shit. Protestcoins? Anoncoins?

LMNO

Quote from: Pæs on February 12, 2014, 10:50:35 PM
Missed opportunity in changing the rhyme on "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to occupy".

:mittens:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 12, 2014, 09:59:07 AM
LOL.

Occupy has fully jumped the shark.  It is now an expert shark jumper.  It charges fees for people to see it's shark jumping prowess.

http://pando.com/2014/02/07/occupy-wall-street-leader-now-works-for-google-wants-to-crowdfund-a-private-militia/

QuoteOver the last few days, Tunney has been causing a Twitter outrage tsunami after she took full control of the main Occupy Wall Street (OWS) Twitter account, claimed to be the founder of OWS and then proceeded to tweet out stream of ridiculous anarcho-corporatist garbage. She railed against welfare, described the government as "just another corporation," argued poverty was not a political problem but "an engineering problem" and told politicians to "get out of the way." She also debunked what she thought was a misconception: people thought OWS activists were protesting against concentrated corporate power, and that, she claims, is simply not true.

This just happened to coincide with her landing a job at Google, of course.

QuoteBut actually Tunney's claim that she founded Occupy is by far the least interesting part of the story. Buzzfeed's Gray missed a much weirder and sinister development: Tunney — a Google employee — has been pushing a crazy crusade to fund a paid mercenary protester army to fight against Wall Street — all via KickStarter.

No joke, grrrrls and bros! Tunney wants to crowdsource a private army revolution!

QuoteTunney's call to arms was seconded by Micah White, former editor of AdBusters who now runs a boutique social movement consulting business. White describes his business as a "social change consulting firm founded by the American creator of the Occupy Wall Street meme"  which "serves a hand-picked international clientele of social revolutionaries and movements."

Damn.  No wonder the Soviet Union turned out like shit.  Lenin simply didn't have the advice of a social movement consulting business.  That's where it all went wrong.

WOW, INCREDIBLE!  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: And then Occupy went Libertarian, and it turned out that these vocal leaders aren't against corporate power, they're just pre-rich!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

This is deliciously awful

QuoteRead Mencius Moldbug.
— Justine Tunney (@JustineTunney) April 28, 2014

For those of you who don't know, Moldbug is one of the more prominent and longstanding "neoreactionary" writers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2014, 04:49:42 PM
This is deliciously awful

QuoteRead Mencius Moldbug.
— Justine Tunney (@JustineTunney) April 28, 2014

For those of you who don't know, Moldbug is one of the more prominent and longstanding "neoreactionary" writers.

Wow, oh wow. WOW.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

So, its starting to look less like Occupy Wall Street and more like Occupy a Secure Compound Somewhere Out in the Woods?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Occupy Citadel.