News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Honor a deceased discordian?

Started by Carika, October 05, 2011, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carika

My brother was vegan, animal lover, dressed as he pleased,  strange to others, secretive, had every color as hair color (even leopard print!) and was a discordian.
He chose to live his life without us, his family. We sadly accepted it, letting him the choice to live his life as he pleased. I hadn't heard from him since 1999. Until this spring when I found out of his death. Last year, October 31st, he drowned in the seas of Papua New Guinea. Now finding out more and more about his life without us, I realized he was a big time hardcore discordian. I mean he had discordian symbols branded and tattooed on his body. He was most probably part of this site but I haven't yet found him here.

The anniversary of his death coming up at the end of the month, I would like to know if anyone had good ideas how to honor him as the discordian that he was.

Thanks

Nephew Twiddleton

Discordianism varies from individual to individual. Even though you haven't really heard from him in over a decade, you would know better than us how to best honor his memory.

Sorry to hear it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Perhaps suggestions from random strangers is exactly what he would have wanted, in which case, here's mine:

Go to the park on the anniversary of his death and eat a hot dog in the rain.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

You could also make a donation to some vegan organization in his name. Check them out first, I hear PETA's actually kinda shady.

Doktor Howl

Um, I'm not sure there's any one set Discordian funeral/memorial rite.  In California, I hear they go all out.  Here in Arizona, we just sort of tip them into the Riito river, and wait for the summer rainy season to carry them off.  Or go get smashed in the Meetrack, as was done for Coffee Bean.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Set up a FB Page dedicated to awareness of the dangers of swimming at Halloween. Explore innovations in buoyancy, awareness of tidal conditions, and the Law of Fives as it relates to water temperature/moon phases. Call it "Ducking for Apples, and other water based dangers of Halloween"
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Freeky

I'm sorry for your loss, dude.  Maybe to honor his memory, like Dok said (and if you're old enough of course) go get a drink or three at a really shitty dive.  Or perhaps go play some harmless pranks on strangers for him.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on October 05, 2011, 05:55:46 PM
Set up a FB Page dedicated to awareness of the dangers of swimming at Halloween. Explore innovations in buoyancy, awareness of tidal conditions, and the Law of Fives as it relates to water temperature/moon phases. Call it "Ducking for Apples, and other water based dangers of Halloween"

Horrible fact:  I was born on Halloween.  No joke.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 05, 2011, 06:01:25 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on October 05, 2011, 05:55:46 PM

Horrible fact:  I was born on Halloween.  No joke.
Possibly an excellent tactical decision on your Mother's part to slip you in under the radar.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Carika

I like all of your ideas. So now I'm thinking 'bout bowling and having hotdogs with vegan cupcakes.

Quick question : have you ever seen a gravestone containing discordian elements (names or graphics)?

Pope Pixie Pickle

I have never seen a discordain headstone. but it would be kinda cool

LMNO

Tombstone should have the Hand of Eris on it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 05, 2011, 06:41:12 PM

I want mine to have the invisible hand on it.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 05, 2011, 06:41:12 PM

I was thinking The Sacred Chao for mine, but the Hand of Eris would look pretty nice on a tombstone.

Eater of Clowns

I've always wanted my ashes scattered upwind of a big city whilst the scatterer screams "CHOKE ON IT YOU BASTARDS!"

As such, I've taken care to select friends who are inordinately loud.

My guess is your brother's ashes are unavailable, so I suggest you either take someone else's ashes, use burnt out charcoal, or murder a large dog and then cremate it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.