News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Honor a deceased discordian?

Started by Carika, October 05, 2011, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

I want an apple, preferably with a worm crawling out.....

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I want to be cremated, my ashes mixed with KY jelly, and then have my girlfriend use it to masturbate with until it's all gone.

Should I die single, I'd like my ashes to be snuck into the substrate of a popular line of dildos.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

I want to be walled up in a public building, so some poor workman 30 years from now gets traumatized for life.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Carika on October 05, 2011, 05:08:41 PM
My brother was vegan, animal lover, dressed as he pleased,  strange to others, secretive, had every color as hair color (even leopard print!) and was a discordian.
He chose to live his life without us, his family. We sadly accepted it, letting him the choice to live his life as he pleased. I hadn't heard from him since 1999. Until this spring when I found out of his death. Last year, October 31st, he drowned in the seas of Papua New Guinea. Now finding out more and more about his life without us, I realized he was a big time hardcore discordian. I mean he had discordian symbols branded and tattooed on his body. He was most probably part of this site but I haven't yet found him here.

The anniversary of his death coming up at the end of the month, I would like to know if anyone had good ideas how to honor him as the discordian that he was.

Thanks

I'm sorry for your loss.

Discordians (generally) value freedom, laughter, and creativity.

My advice: If you want to honor him, don't do it at a sad and solemn occasion. You should be toasting to his memory with your friends. My guess is that he'd want you to be having fun, not crying.

I also like the suggestion about eating a hot dog on a friday, maybe at a bowling alley. Our religion was founded in a bowling alley - they are a good symbol of the kinds of things Discordians find holy.

Cramulus

My family is aware that if I kick it, I want my tombstone to be a gumball machine protected by a little umbrella.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on October 05, 2011, 08:47:52 PM
My family is aware that if I kick it, I want my tombstone to be a gumball machine protected by a little umbrella.

That's very very cute!

I'd like to be donated to the body farm.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cramulus on October 05, 2011, 08:47:52 PM

Would they restock it too?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cramulus

they'd better, or I will haunt the fuck out of them

Carika

I'm sure he would of gotten a kick out of seeing me in here reading all your great answers. He was unlike anyone I've ever met and I'll always love and respect him.

Someone mentioned something about his ashes not being available, in fact he was buried there in Papua New Guinea. I'm not even sure if there's something there to mark the spot. I do have some clothes of his I was thinking of burning to get the ashes from and spread those somewhere.

Everyone here is right about this not being an event to cry but one to celebrate so I think bowling on friday having hot dogs and vegan cupcakes will be the way to go.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Carika on October 06, 2011, 01:11:17 AM
I'm sure he would of gotten a kick out of seeing me in here reading all your great answers. He was unlike anyone I've ever met and I'll always love and respect him.

Someone mentioned something about his ashes not being available, in fact he was buried there in Papua New Guinea. I'm not even sure if there's something there to mark the spot. I do have some clothes of his I was thinking of burning to get the ashes from and spread those somewhere.

Everyone here is right about this not being an event to cry but one to celebrate so I think bowling on friday having hot dogs and vegan cupcakes will be the way to go.

:cheers:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Payne

To be honest it sounds as if he already arranged the most discordian memorial imaginable for himself.

Kai

Quote from: Carika on October 06, 2011, 01:11:17 AM

Whatever the Spirit of Discord moves in you.

Discordians tend to be a varied bunch, but one thing that is often true is the tendency, when eating a hamburger (for example), to EAT THE /HELL/ outta that hamburger. Sounds like he always took things to the wall, so you could honor his memory by enjoying the hell outta life. Classical Discordian activities of eating hot dogs and bowling aside, this is what really matters.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Telarus

If you're familiar with his "Holy Name", feel free to share. It could last forever around here....
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Carika

Pope David X / Saint Stoic Hermit the wise old fool