News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

The Man I Married

Started by Luna, October 05, 2011, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

I want to tell you all about the man I married.

This guy... Where do you start? Loyalty. Honor. Those are, if anything, the things that run deepest in him. When he gives his word, he keeps it. When he sees a thing that should be done, he does it, not because he expects anything, but because it should be done.

Maybe he wasn't the most romantic guy on the planet, but he tried. He wasn't a sending flowers kind of guy... but he knew lilacs were my favorite, so, when we bought our home, the first piece of landscaping was putting in a lilac for me.

I don't need to be his whole world. Nobody needs that kind of pressure. But, having US be the center of both of our worlds, that works out just fine. WE come first, no matter what, that's all that really matters. We have room for ourselves, sure, but nothing that is for me, nothing that's for him, can mess up US. We support each other, he never tears me down, or makes me feel less than I am.

He's not perfect, but he's got my back.  He's my best friend, my love, and I hate the thought of living without him.

So, that's the man I married.

I hope I meet him, someday.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Reginald Ret

After the last sentence i had to reread it.
Woah.
I liked it.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Luna

Quote from: Regret on October 06, 2011, 07:25:08 PM
After the last sentence i had to reread it.
Woah.
I liked it.

Thanks.  I was in a mood after dealing with my soon to be ex on the phone about stuff.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah, that last sentence makes the whole thing.

:mittens:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

I still keep choking on the rage-filled spitefest that is GOING to hit, sooner or later.   :|

So, I tried coming at it sideways.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Just thank whatever powers the be that you believe in every single day you don't have kids!!!

It will get better.  At some point you finally realize you just don't give a flying fuck anymore.  That unfortunately comes long after the divorce is final and around the same time you see him somewhere looking like complete shit, bald, stinky and gross. And you realize that there must have been something in the water where you met, dated and married him at for you to have ever seen anything in him.

Then you will find yourself laughing so hard you are crying and the only thing you can do is point at him and laugh hysterically as you walk away.

Luna

I can't do that, Khara.

Am I glad I'm not dragging kids through a messy divorce?  Absolutely.  Am I glad that kids aren't going without because I'm broke?  Definately.  Am I glad I'm never going to have to explain WHY to a kid, without tapdancing around slurring the other parent?  Oh, yeah.

Glad I donr have kids?  No.

Suu and Richter have seen me around kids.  I love them, always have.  I always wanted kids of my own, and I think I would've been a pretty good mom.  Something I will never forgive the NYEX for is wasting enough of my life that it's now unlikely I'll have them.

That's the one thing about this that can still bring me to tears.

Him, I'm over.  If he came back tonight begging me to take him back, I don't know if I'd laugh or slap him.  Maybe both.  No way in hell, I would never be able to trust him again.

Shit, I don't know if I'll be able to trust ANYBODY again, after this.  But I'm not sad about that.  Angry, yes, but not sad.  I'll give dating another try, if I can remember how that goes, maybe I'll get serious about it...  maybe.

But it's the kids thing that hurts.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Luna on October 06, 2011, 08:50:01 PM
I can't do that, Khara.

Am I glad I'm not dragging kids through a messy divorce?  Absolutely.  Am I glad that kids aren't going without because I'm broke?  Definately.  Am I glad I'm never going to have to explain WHY to a kid, without tapdancing around slurring the other parent?  Oh, yeah.

Glad I donr have kids?  No.

Suu and Richter have seen me around kids.  I love them, always have.  I always wanted kids of my own, and I think I would've been a pretty good mom.  Something I will never forgive the NYEX for is wasting enough of my life that it's now unlikely I'll have them.

That's the one thing about this that can still bring me to tears.

Him, I'm over.  If he came back tonight begging me to take him back, I don't know if I'd laugh or slap him.  Maybe both.  No way in hell, I would never be able to trust him again.

Shit, I don't know if I'll be able to trust ANYBODY again, after this.  But I'm not sad about that.  Angry, yes, but not sad.  I'll give dating another try, if I can remember how that goes, maybe I'll get serious about it...  maybe.

But it's the kids thing that hurts.

Let me rephrase - thank god you don't have kids with him.  You can still have kids sweetie.  In fact now, you can pick and choose what you want in a sperm donor  :wink:

Dysfunctional Cunt

Also, I have three, barely used that I will happily rent or lease with an option......

Luna

Quote from: Khara on Hiatus.... on October 06, 2011, 08:59:33 PM
Also, I have three, barely used that I will happily rent or lease with an option......

Tempting offer, that.   :)

Still possible, yes.. but not likely, at this point.

At least I get to play Aunt Luna to a range of SCA kids.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Luna on October 06, 2011, 09:08:58 PM

I have a very good friend who is my age and has a 3 year old.  She decided she wanted a baby and she worked it out with a mutual friend of ours who provided her with the swimmers.  It doesn't cost as much as you would think and she has a gorgeous daughter with someone she is very good friends with.  Keep the faith, it is always a possibility.....

Luna

Quote from: Khara on Hiatus.... on October 06, 2011, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: Luna on October 06, 2011, 09:08:58 PM

I have a very good friend who is my age and has a 3 year old.  She decided she wanted a baby and she worked it out with a mutual friend of ours who provided her with the swimmers.  It doesn't cost as much as you would think and she has a gorgeous daughter with someone she is very good friends with.  Keep the faith, it is always a possibility.....

I'll keep that in mind, if the finances sort themselves out in the near future.